Rookie grow- the adventure begins!

Right, you be fine :wink:

Right on right onā€¦ itā€™s always best to go the safe route. Canā€™t wait to hear how things go.

Ok so I think I just talked my wife into letting me grow indoor! :raised_hands:t3:

Only problem is that I canā€™t spend too much on a setup.

Do you guys know what the best equipment is for the price? Also if Iā€™m going to grow in the garage, do you think it will be too hot in there?

Ok so 3 out of my 4 babies popped! I have a 1000 watt LED coming tomorrow and the tent coming Friday to start my indoor grow. Also ordered a 4in 204 CFM fan to move some air. Iā€™m looking to buy and AC unit to keep in the garage to help keep the temps under control.

Hereā€™s what they look like! Iā€™ll be transplanting tomorrow into small pots to help em grow some legs. I will be using FFOF as my soil. Any recommendations/ tips on transplanting/ when I should move the babies into the tent

@Ragnar
@GetbackJoJo
@StormTrooperweed
@Rugar89
@Nug-bug

Whatā€™s the TRUE watts of the LED light that you ordered?
What size tent?
Go to Wal-Mart and get a couple 6" clip/on fans to help move some more air in the tent. Less then $10 a piece.
You might want to transplant into Fox Farms Happy Frog. FFOF is to hot of a mix for seedlings.
Move them into the tent as soon as you get it set up. Mine were born in my tent.

1 Like

@Rugar89

280 True Watts and my tent is a 4x2x5.

I was thinking the same thing about getting some small clip on fans. Thanks for the advice about the FFHF, I didnā€™t know the FFOF wasnā€™t good for seedlings.

@Ray4x
Some growers seem to get away with the FFOF from the start, but Iā€™ve read about a lot that have had problems with it being to hot. But as both of us being new to this, and the heat stress our plants are going to have to deal with for the next several months, I felt it wasnā€™t worth taking the chance. I started mine in FFHG, and will then transfer to FFOF when they go in their permanent home in about three weeks.

Transplanted into their new homes for now!

Lights and tent get here tomorrow!!

I think the one in the cup is having problems. The stem seems broken when I went to transplant itā€¦ any chance it recovers?

Also should I bury the stems down deeper or are they at a good height?

Looks like they are stretching for light. Hopefully your light shows up tomorrow. You could always fill them cups up with more soil for some more support.
The one I have that sprouted this morning is looking like yours in the solo cup. Not sure whatā€™s going on with it.

Yeah light should actually be here today but tent will be here tomorrow. Hoping that the sunlight in the window will suffice for now.

@Rugar89 tag anybody else in if you think they can help me out! :grin:

@Countryboyjvd1971

Tagging you in for some HVAC help!

Thanks for the offer.

I have a 2x4 tent coming in tomorrow with 1000 watt LED (280 true). I bought a 4 in 203 CFM inline fan with carbon filler that I am planning to run as exhaust. And use passive vents for intake.

The room they will be in gets to be about 83-85 at the hottest time of day. Iā€™m working on getting an A/C unit to help cool it. Iā€™m pretty sure the people that lived here before me used to grow- because the room i want to use in the garage already has a shelf set up to support in an wall unit.

1 Like

If your light shows up today, you could always hang it somewhere, and still put them under it.

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @Majiktoker

@Ray4x is looking for some help.

1 Like

Hahhaha nice :+1: and convenient
Ok so fan and filter sound perfect
Did you get a speed controller as well ?
And if itā€™s a closet you may want to try and insulting it a bit with foam insulation board they even have some that has reflective silver backing :+1:
That will help keep the cool air in closet
Passive vents should be enough with a 200 plus cfm inlinefan but I do suggest you get a intake also
You can get a cheap 20 room to room fan at the Home Depot for that cuzzy
I like to run mine once I get a full canopy in tent in ensures air flow under canopy which will prevent mold issues :+1:
Big I donā€™t run it till Iā€™m in flower usually
So happy each once you get the Ac I think your in a good place brother :+1:
Good call @Rugar89 get them going lol

@Countryboyjvd1971

What kind of intake should I get- just a fan or another inline?

Iā€™m trying to avoid buying another inline because theyā€™re a little pricey.

But yeah I have a speed controller on the 4in.

Nice as far as intake I would go get a cheap 20 $ room to room fan or duct booster fan to use as a intake try to get half of what you exhaust is so 200 cfm exhaust get 100 cfm intake fan
My battery is about dead Iā€™ll hit you back a bit later bro
Go to Home Depot online youā€™ll see what Iā€™m talking about search duct boaster fan or room to room :+1:

@Ray4x
Iā€™m running two of these. One for intake, one for exhaust. Cheap and effective.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Inline-Booster-Noise-Grounded/dp/B01C82SZRM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497556750&sr=8-2&keywords=vivosun+fan

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971

Is it ok if they are both 4 in?

I donā€™t need a variable speed controller on both right?

Iā€™ll have a 4 in 204 CFM exhaust with variable speed and a 4 in 100 CFM intakeā€¦ will that work?

That will work. I disconnected my speed control today and both are running full speed, and I still have negative pressure in my tent.

yep, thatā€™s solid. Thanks for the tag @Rugar89 but looks like Iā€™m late to the dance!

2 Likes