[Rookie grow] red hot cookies and bubba kush

The King Plus 1500w is 280 real watts from what I can find, so the 400 watt MH or HPS would use 120 more watts per hour. Cool the room, not the fixture, most important is the temp your plants are feeling so I monitor the temp at my plant canopy (plant tops).

4 Likes

I hang my sensors at canopy height and adjust as needed

3 Likes

@Jbaldy, those are wise words. I was fighting high temps, till he told me that. Makes total sense. So I pay a little more in electricity, but I will be harvesting bud, I can’t buy :smile: great ROI, IMO.

2 Likes

Temperature staying high 70s
Humidity about low to mid 60s
Just gave the girls 32oz of water each, is that not enough for 4-1/2 week old? It sucks watering them cause they grow so low to the dirt.
should I be LSTing the bigger branches from the first 2 nodes to make some room for the other shorter ones or do I wait till later to just scrog? Cause the bigger fan leaves block alot of the newer growth

6 Likes

Set to watch. Got Bubba Kush 2 weeks away from chop. Sample was delish :yum: Good luck :+1:

1 Like

Did some sloppy LSTing last night. Gonna check on em after work to see if they held in place then give em some water.
Redhot cookies 6/22

Bubba kush 6/22

4 Likes

Hey jellyraiser I like that :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

try to avoid getting water on the leaves if you can. Its common to get burn spots and mistake that for a nutritional issue. Lovely looking plants by the way

1 Like

notice that tag says suitable for wet locations? Thats why that glass is there. If you were to accidentally spray something on that bulb when its lit… it will explode all over the place.
Since you have both metal halide and hps, you may want to run them both at the same time come flower time.

1 Like

@Cannabian yea I try to lightly wipe off the water after watering, but they grow so low to the dirt it’s hard not to while watering. Probably gonna be harder now that I LSTed those branches down.

Are they autos?

No, photos.

Did more LSTing on the plants, this time on the top four branches. And adjusted some of the bottom branches. I think I spread them out pretty good.
ODD numbers I did 5 days ago.
EVEN numbers i did today.
9&10 are on the very bottom and aren’t growing much.
Do I keep doing this till I scrog Or is this enough till then?
Also should the main stock be getting taller I feel like it’s just getting thicker and the branches are growing. Either way it’s a pain in the ass to water them haha

Bubba kush 6/27

Redhot cookies 6/27

3 Likes

Started feeding the plants at 6weeks old
7/2 Was the first feed
Half gallon each plant
6ml big bloom
2ml grow big
2ml cal/mag
6.6ph
560/570ppm

After that I was a little late on the next watering(4days after feeding)they were thirsty! A little bit less then a half gallon each of just water and 2ml cal/mag.

I can notice a big difference after feeding/watering so I’m gonna try and feed/water about every other day.

Just fed again 7/9 (same as first feed)
And re adjusted the LST wires again.

How much am I supposed to be LSTing them?
Like when do I let them just grow vertical?
Does half gallon seem enough for the plants at this stage?
Posting pics shortly, stay tuned!

1 Like

Redhot Cookies 7/10

Bubba kush 7/10

Not sure what to think of these spots
Not all leaves have them, just acouple here n there.
Didnt start with cal/mag till I started feeding 7/2

2 Likes

8/7 right before I decided to scrog

3 Likes

8/31 almost a week into flower. Switched over at 14weeks. A little longer then I wanted to but ya know…

3 Likes

Fed them yesterday 9/3
10ml bigbloom
4ml growbig
4ml tiger Bloom
5ml cal/mag
Also did more cleaning up under the scrog a bit. It’s hard cutting your plants after watching them grow everyday!
1 week into flower

Redhot cookies on the right

Bubba kush on the left

1 Like

Growing every day! Still trying to decide if I want to hook up the HPS light or not. Based on heat output and electricity bill increase I’m unsure.
Red hot cookies

Bubba kush

1 Like

Loving Bubba Kush atm. I had to pull mine a little early but still a great smoke. Some good amber should sit you in your seat

1 Like