[Rookie grow] red hot cookies and bubba kush

Red hot cookies sprouted 5/19
Bubba kush sprouted 5/21

5gal vivosun fabric pots with 12 dry quarts of foxfarm oceanforrest and topped off with an organic topsoil
(No perlite cause it was sold out everywhere)

King Plus 1500W Double Chips LED
Vivosun 4" inline fan with carbon filter
Vivosun mylar wrapped closet
FoxFarm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom
Vivosun ph and tds testers
2x 6" fans
Soleusair Portable a/c & dehumidifier
Temperature around 70-80f
Humidity around 40-60(buying a Humidifier soon)

4 Likes

6/16 bubba kush

6/16 redhot cookies

11 Likes

Looking good rich color green they are happy! Set to ride along. Stay lit welcome to the forum

2 Likes

Thanks it’s crazy how much they grow each day! I’m looking for advise on topping and doing lst on them! It looks like they have both grown 5 nodes and 6 about to spread open.

3 Likes

Welcome to ILGM forum. You’ve made a great decision to start a journal first thing. Good luck and happy growing. Set to watch.

4 Likes

Welcome to ILGM. I’ve never topped my plants, but I will next winter. I’d like to tag along so I can see how you do it.

And I don’t want to take away from the BK (because it looks great), but OMG the red hot cookies looks absolutely gorgeous. I can’t believe that green.

3 Likes

Thanks guys! I’m just about done with all 900+ comments of @Hellraiser grow journal and it’s really informative for beginners like myself. I’m gonna water and top them in acouple hours and then start LST

5 Likes

Plants look good and healthy and ready for a topping. Good growing!

4 Likes

So much great information on it, I got lucky on my timing and got it when he started it. Looking great as others stated, I follow Hellraisers grow to the T, tag me if you need anything. Am about a month ahead of you.

4 Likes

Of you’ve read jellyraiser’s journal, you’ve already got a great head start.

I don’t know why AutoCorrect changed @Hellraiser to jellyraiser, but I thought it was too good to correct.

4 Likes

LOL, love that.

2 Likes

Lmao and ya it was a long but good read! I’ll be posting pics of topping soon

3 Likes

4weeks old. Temps staying mid to high 70s
28oz of tap water(each plant) 6.5ph and 218ppm
Topped above the 4th node
Then I rearranged some fan leaves under the new growth. And wiped the water drops off the leaves

Redhot cookies

Bubbakush

7 Likes

@Hellraiser do you know anything about mh lights?or can point me in the direction of someone who does. Me and my brother got these lights acouple years ago. Figured might be better to use these for flowering. I’ve read I might need a ballast.the ones I’ve seen dont have glass in front of bulb.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve used MH/HPS lights for almost 30 years. You have a 400 watt Metal Halide fixture. Is that a standard electrical plug coming off the fixture? Will it plug into a wall outlet, if so, does the light turn on?

Metal Halide lights are more suitable for vegetative growth due to huge amounts of blue in it’s light spectrum but could be used for flowering but usually wasn’t as HPS lights do much better in flowering due to it’s huge amount of red in its spectrum.

Welcome to the community ! your plants are very pretty and happy.

2 Likes

Yes, standard 3 prong plug. I plugged them both in yesterday to test it and they still work, I have 2 one MH and the other is HPS.
I guess I’ll give these a try. How much more electricity will they use compared to my blurple LED
And when worrying about heat,is it the fixture itself to cool down or the room temperature?

2 Likes

Plug them in and then Go outside and pray the electricity meter isn’t spinning like mad! Lol!

3 Likes

I’m gonna tag along, that is, if you don’t mind

3 Likes

@OlyBoy98503 that’s what I’m thinking lmao. That’s kinda what put me on to LED in the first place.but I totally forgot these were in the attic until my brother reminded me.but they dont look like any of the new style ones on the internet with the vent connection ends
Of course not @repins12 the more the merrier!! I can use all the advise I can get.

3 Likes