Rookie Attempting a new grow

I am going to attempt to grow outside in southern MN with 5 gallon fabric pots…i purchased auto flower seeds and photo…was thinking of trying 2 of each…? And
its just starting to feel like summer! Support ticket to follow

7 Likes

Keep us posted, I’d like to see how it goes on the photos. I’m trying one outside for the first time in a 10 gal. pot. It’s day 18 from breaking ground today. I’m going to put it in its 10 gal. pot in around 10 days.

5 Likes

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
Seedsman
GMO=Auto,
white widow=photo
-Age of plant= germinating soon

-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF= fox farm OF and or Happy frog, perlite

-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)= 5 gallon fabric pots

-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)= ??

-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable= ??

-Method used to measure PH and TDS= ?? I have a cheap 4 in 1 ph tester,moisture…etc…

-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space= outdoor, on my deck, direct sun from sunrise until around 4 pm, then shaded by trees

-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum= n/a
-Actual wattage draw of lights= n/a

-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night= Day~ 75 to 85 ° F, night~ 55 to 65° F
-Humidity; Day, Night= not humid yet, but it’s a comin’

-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

4 Likes

Good luck! Sweet leaf lookin good!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
hello-welcome

3 Likes

Welcome and good luck :green_heart::metal:

3 Likes

Welcome. I wish I could grow outside here…good luck

4 Likes

Please keep updating! I am really interested since some HS/College friends live in cold areas and ask me for advice.

I’m less than a week in, 3 GMO atuos and 1 white widow (femenized) have sprouted…I have them domed etc…but clueless about how much sun they need at this early stage.? The little fellas seem overwhelmed

How much could mean how many hours, or how much intensity.
As many hours as they can get. 18 total hours (full summer day) with 8+ hours direct sun good, and scattered sun the rest of the day.
I got sunburned plants, the sun can be too intense for young leaves started indoors. Scattered sun (leaves of a nearby tree) will be good for part of the day.
I try to get them places so the sun hits them for the morning, they get a little break around midday, then full sun again til sunset.

2 Likes

@Jaysittinback , thanks for the info…just tryin to figure out mother natures ecosystem on my deck! It has helped moving them around into shade, but Like a bad father, im not always there! P.
S. = I’VE been using garden hose water, letting it sit first

1 Like

With a big enough deck Id like to add a small tree or something (bbq?) at their south-west side to block noon - til - 2pm sun. Something like that but mine’s too small for all that stuff.

1 Like

4 Likes

I have 2 stretching autos and a white widow photo that is real slow…I’m pretty sure I’ve been overwatering! Any suggestions? Thank you!

I grow outdoors and that morning sun is imperative for a big health plant

3 Likes

Im doing the same thing. Im growing in pots out on my second story deck. The morning sun is important.

What kind of medium are you using? The only reason i can think off why they stretched is not enough sunlight somewhere down the line.

1 Like

@MartyMarajuanaseed

@MartyMarajuanaseed usung a mix of fox farm happy frog and ocean floor and about 25% perlite…they have not been getting early morning sun…thanks

3 Likes

Good day growmie hows the sun hitting there. Good time to adjust have a coffee joint and stare at them til ideas start flowing. Peace :v:

3 Likes