Roger.Tests Spider Farmer SF2000

Right on Roger, you and I still have a bubble bucket grow to plan in the future :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I bought the Spider Farmer SF4000. I am so happy with it and the growth I’ve had on my first indoor set up with autos. Even considering the bad start with dirt I had.

1 Like

Do you have anything ready to go? I was going to do a ProMIx / Bergmans Nutrients grow in 6-8 small posts in order to control size and harvest faster…BUT! I could be persuaded to do 1 - 5g bubbler on the side, or, we can do it later.

New images and 1st transplant coming tomorrow.

2 Likes

Propagation and seedlings have progressed, so that we may nove onto the SF2000 review. I have some seedling updates, and a surprise or 2…:slight_smile:

After thte testimony for using T5 ofr germination and sprouting, to seedlings; I will show the transition to Spider Farmer’s SF2000; Grown in ProMix, Bergamn’s fertilizer.

The only additive I have used so far is Liquid Karma
https://www.amazon.com/Botanicare-Enhancer-Supplement-0-1-0-1-0-5-Formula/dp/B000X5Y1KM/ref=sr_1_5?crid=23PAODNCYRFZF&dchild=1&keywords=liquid+karma+quart&qid=1629087623&sprefix=Liquid+Karma%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-5

Here are the final images of the seedling stage.

Terrible pik but, roots show 3-4 alternating nodes (leaf sets), showing root zone is developed.

Gold Leaf and Zkittlez

SF200 at 55-60% power

Over look of SF2000 over grow in 28"x 55" SF growstent. BTW…On the floor you see a tent tray. Below that is a sealed tent floor.

4 Likes

I have the SF2000 at 24" as prescribed by @SF. Have not checked temps yet as the room feels comfortable. I have portable AC, and Dehumidifier if needed.

Plants are looking awesome after 1 full day in ProMix under the SF2000. PLanrs see m to be responding well to the light.

Will start Bergman’s Fertilizer at next watering.

2 Likes

I like the setup I have two sf2000 in 2x4 tents I sure wish I would have gotten the sf tents the quality is much better than the ones I have. I know this because I have a 4x4 from sf it’s a top quality tent
Edit = and the plants are lookin great :+1:

1 Like

Another quick note: I found that when researching distance from canopy to light height, it appears you never really acjudt the light. Plants grow to it and you increase light intensity as grow progresses. Monitoring that suggested distance form light to canopy is crucial during a grow. Keep in mind that you may find a need to adjust this space accprding to your environment but, never more than a couple inches or so.

I do like the look and feel ofthis light. The plants have respnded over the last day or so, and appear happy. As a grower; When I see happy plants; I am a happy growing.

Growing should make you happy.

5 Likes

There are so many vents and such. I have used tents and prefer a room. With that said; What I like baout this SF tent is that is has extra inches of room to allow for a more accessible area for chords and whatever you need to add to your grow space.

You can put a 2’x4’ table in this tent and have room to grow above and below Prop?mom. veg tent. Yeehaw!

1 Like

I only went with the off brand tents so that I could buy extra support bars for the top of the tents for additional hanging options. I asked sf to sell me a couple extra bars and they said they couldn’t sell parts separately and because of their different size I wouldn’t be able to get them aftermarket. I regret my decision because of the quality 4sure. I use one of the tents for autos and the other for a veg tent because of the light leaks, every seam and zipper leaks in them but they’re working for now.

1 Like

No offense meant. I was just telling all about the extra size of the 2x4 SF tent that is bigger than 2x4. :smiley:

As a fix for your need of extra rails; I added ROMex that I can adjust. (old school trick.) This allows you to raise and lower hardware in seconds.

1 Like

I have my first grow going in this setup. So far it is going well. Solid tent, solid light, solid results so far.
My First Grow - Kandy and Cookies

Here is a little video I made testing out ny new cheap Kodak Camera. I am done buying 300 dollar cameras.

sorry about the missing Gelato heads…LOL I usually use ny Zoom video recorder, and I see I need to adjust my position with this new Kodak.

1 Like

A few days after retiring the T5, we have seen a minimal amount of stretching, excellent growth. I feel that in order to keep a plant under sontrol later in the grow, we need to control nodal spacing by keeping the light as close as possible. An idea and suggestion. Go your own way

All 10 plants have ben watered with 200 ppm / 7.0 ph water with 15ml Liauid Karma for a couple weeks. A few days ago the T5 was removed and we turned on the SF2000 at 55-60% What strong stems we have :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink:

First feeding of Bergman’s Nutrients under the SF2000.

We mixed 1/2 tsp. per gallon Seedling Booster:

Here are the 2 Gelato’s I saved from certain death, hoping clone them.

One of them is in the porforpor.com peat potato. Replanting this week. Possibly going to follow through with the porforpot test as well, if all goes as planned.

All plants fed with Bergman’s Seedling Booster. Let’s see what happens under this SG2000

3 Likes

Did a little video covering a bit more info.

Just having fun.

2 Likes

Just a quick update. Adding the Bergman’s Seedling booster, We wilol see the leafs alreay darkened up. :slight_smile: Guess it was the perfect time to start the 'nutes program.

1 Like

Update of the week. We have a couple videos to share, and some photos to share.

We are covering trasnplanting and vibrancy of growth. Plants are approx. 12" tall in 3" pots, looking great.

We are highly impressed with the SF2000. it appears that the plants love the spectrum.

I can say thta the SF2000 is fairly cool. Even in high outdoor heat and no AC in the grow room, I was noticing high 78-84 degrees. Humidity from 45-53. In veg, Perfect.

Please enjoy the first video of the day.

Here we are at the end of the evening. All transplants have been soft watered in, and perking up. this is why I pushed the watering window. this allowed the plants to suck up moisture and revive. A little stress has proven to allow interesting things to happen in Cannabis plants. :slight_smile: I also lowered the sF2000 approx.8" to allow for the perestal to be lowered from 16" to 8". I had allowed the plants to stretch a bit in order to allow options for topping or not. We will wait and see.

Oh BTW; I turned the dimmer up to 75-80%. Might have to back that down. I have no issue with the dimmer feature. I am not sure why anyone would.

1 Like

While conducting a trial for the Spider Farmer sF2000, I decded to expand the project by sharing basic grow methods and helpful tips to ensure you have a successful start. This short video should give yuo confidence to transplant, and consider options for taming the size of your plants.

1 Like

More to add tomorrow. Have to edit a couple vids, and sort out pictures.

We will be breaking off a seperate propagation topic, showing all the starting techniques, issues, and miraculous recovery efforts that succeeded.

Until…

1 Like

If any of you all are using any Dpider Farmer LED lights, I invite you to post a link to “your” topic showing your SF grow.

Sharing your topic link here would be helpful to anyone who is interested in trying these lights. There are so many choices in regard to LED, that a thread like this, and supported by member’s here at ILGM could help someone make an informed choice.

4 Likes