Rodents Digging plants up

I seem to be having these rodents digging up my plant’s at night I’m not exactly sure what they are or how to stop them, they dig small holes into my potting soil and have had a couple of plants dug completely out, I had them crawl into 5 gallon pots also, must be something they like in the potting soil so I covered the with regular dirt on top of the potting soil seems to help I would appreciate any ideas mabey someone else besides me has had this problem

1 Like

can you put screen around them? Others are using plant nets or tents.

1 Like

I have had this problem for awhile, it’s only happening at night I may try a screen around them if it keeps happening just a challenge growing outside

1 Like

Get ya one of these

4 Likes

Ha Ha That will work :rofl::rofl: I thought about setting a rat trap and finding out if it’s rat’s, I would say Squirrels but I don’t think they come out at night

Last year I had a fox hanging around, which kept other critters at bay.

This year I’m going to have to rely on cayenne pepper………

1 Like

Cayenne pepper is a great idea! I’m going to try some, it’s sickening to see you’re plant’s uprooted , something in the potting soil must attract them, I sholved some top soil over the potting soil so for they haven’t dug it up not the first time I have had this problem I’m thinking it’s possibly field mice I don’t think Squirrels roam at night

The only squirrels that I know of that come out at night are flying squirrels.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any flying squirrels in awhile and they were in a barn , the Woods are loaded with grey squirrels, I really believe it’s field mice I’m going to try your cayenne pepper idea , I heard it was good for insect’s also, using Fox Farms Nukes and Captain Jack’s for insect’s, we’ll I need to figure this out so I can have a good grow this year too much time money and risks involved to be loseing, but I appreciate you’re input on this it will help me

1 Like