Robmin1973 grow 2018

Today is a sad day. I didnt notice but when looking at my mature flowering plant buds i saw they were full of seeds. Ugg i had been looking for signs of hermie but i guess that other hermie got these too or the opposite . either way the first two plants are down and im just going to get rid of all the plants from that first push cause they prob all hermied. So now my question is. Do i need to do anything to my tent to prevent hermies going forward? There alot that happened to my first round of plants that would cause stresss and possible problems that i expected. Im not too worried about this fail good learning xp just dont want it to effect my need round of plants.

@Robmin1973
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. As far as what to do now, I’d suggest cleaning everything in your grow space with bleach to get any residual pollen that may still be in there. Best of luck my friend and we’ll be ready for your next grow.

2 Likes

Sorry bro! I would wash it down with mild bleach solution and let it air out.

Veg tent full so next round coming.

Can you post a picture of the seeded out buds in question? There’s been some misdiagnoses lately and wanna make sure that isn’t the case. Also, could help others spot troubles with their plants in the future. :v:

1 Like

I pulled seeds from the bud. I found out the buds had seeds after cutting off some of the lower buds cause they never made it to the. Canopy. Then i squeezed them and saw the seeds pop out. I know what to look for in the future but i dont see how i cud prevent it. Ill post pics when i get home.

1 Like

The biggest sign was on the top of the bud where o thought the bud was stacking up. The pods were actually seeds forming. I did hate kill the plants but kept the best buds.

1 Like

i saw the pod opening a little on this bud. Squeezed the bud with my clippers and seed popped out.

That sucks man. Seeds are only good if you’re low on seeds or wanna keep a strain going

2 Likes

Im not worried got good fems coming soon

one more fail pic

3 Likes

It does indeed sucks but at least you got them thru to harvest. And all that you’re learning will make a great 2nd grow.
Chin up still some fire lookin nugs

1 Like

I cleaned the tent with bleach and threw out any plants that were close to the hermies. The sea of green is looking well. Plants im trying to get one or two main buds. About to move the next round of clones into the tent. Im going to cycle 16 clones and choose the best 10 to take into flower.

2 Likes

Shud i also bleach the outside of the tent also and the surrounding area?

@dbrn32. What isvthe main goal when trimming buds? Am i looking to cut off all the leaves or just some of thw leaves. I kinda left some of the leaves as they were full of crystals.

I cut them back but not completely off.

Everyone seems to prefer a slightly different method. In my opinion the better job you do wet trimming up front makes for a much easier manicure when dry.

3 Likes

After all said and done i got about two jars from the balls buds. Im going to put them in jars just to see the cure process. Im happy i read a bit about curing now i know why this step cant be skipped. Best comment of my reading was "to avoid the all knowing taste of home grown bud u need to cure. Lol

3 Likes

Next round of plants looking healthy. Good to see the clones growing

So for my next go im trying a small version of the sea of green. Trying to get a two to three week continuous harvest. So the plan is…

Cut 10 clones and put in aeroator for first two weeks. Then plant 6 clones into finishing pots in veg for another two weeks. Then repeat this step every two weeks pulling feom the mothers. In the bloom tent the clones will go in after being in veg for two weeks and spend 12 wks in bloom. Im splitting the bloom tent into 6 rows of 6 plants each. Hopefully i wont hit a traffic jam in bloom.

Seems like this idea will give me what i want which is sonething to smoke and share.

2 Likes

Wow good luck on your new method, hope it pays off!!