Robmin1973 grow 2018

Loving the growth.

3 Likes

This one my fav

6 Likes

@dbrn32 do you have any xp using recharge?

Not really, but my understanding is that it’s pretty much just bennies. What would you like to know?

1 Like

Just wanted to know the frequency i can use it. Some places say once a week other says i can use daily.

1 Like

Umm, both will probably be ok. I would say the amount used would probably vary with frequency.

Depending on what you’re growing in and feeding with, there maybe a carbload to help feed the beneficial bacteria. If you plan an alternating feeds and watering it would probably work out to add the recharge to waterings on off feed.

I would probably start a new thread and ask the people already using it though. That’s your best bet.

2 Likes

I use 1/2 tps of recharge per gallon of water every other watering, and I’m watering every three days. This is for a mature plant in flower.
For a plant in mid veg., once a week should be enough. It does say that you can’t use to much, but no since giving more then she needs because it’s not cheap.

3 Likes

Agrred ill start once a week

@rugar89 @dbrn32. Well i measured the ppm of my run off and ouch really high. So i gave the plants a flush to bring down the ppm then gave them some recharge. Nice bounce back. Ppms were almost at 1600.

5 Likes

S!20180318_063505|375x500Well i had my first big scare last night. Not sure what happened but after the flush and recharge watering i noticed the three larger plants drooping a little. Then more and more and more drooping. Within about an hour all three plants looked droopy where leaves were touching the pots. Awww jebus i freaked out. Got out my crazy vid watching hat to see if anyone heard of this behavior. I say after checking the pots they may have been waterlogged maybe? There was still runoff from the pot when turning it sideways and the dirt felt rather solid. I think watering with the rocks on top good and bad. Good is the rocks settle the dirt as i water and i avoid loosing the plant.
The bad is they they sink down on soil conpacting it and restricting exposure to the soil so it xan dry out. I ended up removing the rocks. Taking a dowel and poking some holes in the dirt then took the pot and gently squeezed then to open up the soil. Now im sure my actions were prob just another unnecessary risk but the plants back to normal today. No more drooping!!!

2 Likes

They normally droop a little after watering. If you ran a flush, they will droop even more.

What’s all over the plants, water? Do yourself a favor and don’t leave them like that under lights. If you’re going to foliar feed or anything like that, do it right at lights out.

4 Likes

Good advice ty

2 Likes

You wont get drooping from over watering (if you do its very little) if you use fabric pots, as the roots never sit in flooded water because the excess drains off so quickly. I flood my fabric pots every watering for plenty of runoff.
You need lots of holes down the sides and bottom of those solo cups so they air out excess water quickly.
Using a soldering iron makes it easy.
https://ilgmforum.com/uploads/short-url/jWSMFmyx5e3aXjbH3wq2xrbK4EY.jpeg

4 Likes

I have some fabic pots and will most likely dump these 1 gallon nursery pots because of the lack of drainage.

3 Likes

After feeding

5 Likes

Out of likes @Robmin1973 but they’re looking happy. Keep up the great work.

@covertgrower i cam definetely say the most important thing to learn is patience.

2 Likes

I havent seen many but i did see one knat flying around the tent should i get some strips? I kinda put the rocks down to avoid them laying eggs but the rocks maybe too big.

Sand was prob better but i hate sand lol

The sticky strips work really well. A lot of people use them. @Robmin1973 patience is a problem for me too.