Robmin1973 grow 2018

Im assuming that not all 10 will make ot. If they do ill have to get a big family truckster for the new family. About half of the beans have fallen to bottom of cup. Going to give it another hour or three to get them all to fall.

Step 1

7 Likes

Laid all the beans down for a 24 hr nap in a wet papertowel. All but the two deltaforce ones sank to the bottom of the cup. Hoping for tap roots soon. I put the deltaforce beans in papertowel even though they didnt sink. They were below the surface but not at bottom. Hopefully they will pop.

So im concerned about my lighting for seedlings. Has anyone used the 3k hlg qb boards for seedling stage? I can turn them down to 135w and they say to hang them high above like 40in. I have a led 4000k light also. Havent used a 4000k light before not sure how high to hang for seedlings. The humidity dome is 7in so i guess i cant get any closer. Im trying to not overwelm the new recruits.

1 Like

I think i cud also link them together for even lower shared wattage on one driver. 135w/2 i would assume.

@Robmin1973 you got it. 40” above and dimmed. You’ll do great.

1 Like

What is the 4000k light?

1 Like

Just some led shop light 4 ft with reflector.

1 Like

The 4k light is nice but doesnt have a large light footprint. Looks like itd be good for a line of solo cups. If i was to hang the 4k light it would cover ant light comung from the qbs. I was thinking , if not overkill running one qb and the 4k. I cud hang the qb at 40in and the led cud be coming from the side if that effective. Should i even bother with the 4000k light?

1 Like

I really bought the 4k for my future seedling cloning tent. It was a good light to find all my tent light leaks.

1 Like

A single shop style light is about perfect for seedlings. There wouldn’t really be any reason to run the qb’s for them. After they get a couple weeks old, then throw them under the dimmed qb.

1 Like

Agreed. The shop light. Can be right on the plants correct? Like 4in above, not touching of course.

1 Like

If it’s one of those standard led replacement type shop lights sounds about right. If you’re using dome, a few inches above it.

1 Like

My tap water tested at 85 ppm. Is that good to use? The wster is high at 8.5 ph. My nutes supposed to auto ph so? If i did use it i would ph it down.

2 Likes

Ppm is good I would say. Ph, ugh, is ph. I’m not 100% confident you can rely on that no ph required stuff. I’ve also read that trying to adjust the ph on it can cause problems too. Don’t have first hand knowledge, so I’m not exactly sure either way.

1 Like

@WillyJ Has been using PH Perfect with awesome results.

4 Likes

As I’ve heard from him and several others. You don’t have to look real far for people that report having issues either.

As with everything, the context is probably key. Things like starting ph, growing medium, amendments, and probably several variables will all have some effect on that. Just like everything else we do and use, results will vary.

4 Likes

Yes I do not ph anything with these nutes I use pro-mix hp and you should use microbes I use photosynthesis plus… along with some cal-mag here and there and a couple of there suplements…no ph up or down it will throw things out of wack

3 Likes

@Willyj. Maybe you can answer this question. When does the auto ph kick in? Im using the adv nutrient line sensi grow and bloom a+b and some additives. I read that u need to feed the MYCORRHIZAE in the promix to keep it alive(dont fully understand what it does). This guy added some unsulfured molasses to add sugars for MYCORRHIZAE in each feeding. I was wondering if i shud be adding calmg.

Again my biggest concern is when to introduce the nutes that will trigger the auto ph. And what ph concerns i shud have prior to intro of the auto ph. Im assuming all water used prior to intro of nutes will have to be ph balanced.

Wasnt going to add nutes until the ladies sproutvup and get somecleafcsets. When do you start the nutes?