Robert365 journal

Absolutely.

You can achieve the same goal both ways. It’s all about manipulating your plant.

I’m not one to say, one way is better than the other. I’ve seen folks including myself do it both ways. It depends on the plant.

I don’t really have a preference. I just fill the screen the best I can. It can be kind of a guessing game unless you’re familiar with that particular strain.

Hate to give you vague answers but there again, it depends on how the plant is growing.

That’s why I’ve made an adjustable scrog. Got to be flexible. Some do it at a certain height and others guesstimate it. Hope this helps. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ty HHG I really all the advice you and NUG61 have given over the past couple months as well as everyone elae who offered support.
So I rollwd my 1st doob today and I must say. I got a nice little head high, taste a little green but only been curing a wk and the buds are kinda loose, but not to bad. Its not rhe street , but its mine and its free especially of all the crap they could put in the street stuff.
I think next go round ill let her go a wk or two longer . at least till i get a couple amber trichs. “Keep em growin” like that saying HHG

4 Likes

Idkh i did it , but i think i lost track of what week i was actually in , may have contributed to my dilemma

Here is an option for you to think about.

This is how I would lay it out. All of it is adjustable to fit your space.

You may have to get creative how you take the pipes through the tent.

Also, if you get cut off valves and quick couplings, then you can move or add to it at any time.

Hope this helps some. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

The water coming out of the chiller has to go into the top of your reservoir.

1 Like

OMG Happy thats perfect bro !!! So IN the top of the res and from what it looks like out the bottom and flow into and across bottom of plant tote then to water pump to chiller and back to res. So one pump is enough to keep the water moving throughout the system ? So 2 12 gal totes would only need 12gals of water to maintain proper water levels ? Or you think I should use big ones like you have in my 3x3 . 1 outside for res and one inside for plant.

1 Like

With 1 1/2” feed lines and 3/4” return, provided you offset your netpots near the back of your tote, it will run flawlessly.

Keep in mind, more water will help your root environment stay stable. So, the bigger the grow tote and res you have the less work you will do.

I like my garbage can for a res because it’s tall and it just gives me room to put a screen and a measuring stick inside the res. I really don’t need the screen but, it does catch what few dead roots or whatever may come through the pipes.

:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Damn Happy thats a cool idea. :+1: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I Like that Happy thats a novel idea

My concern is 12 gals in a 12 gal tote may over flow or am i just over thinking it. Im also tbinking abkut getting away from autos and doing hybrids or photo fems but ive purchased so many autos thinking that would be best route for me. But if i cant get the buds a bit denser, ill probably switch. Im going to see how these indicas grow out,learning and tweaking as i go thanks to good grow bros ! :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Provided your plumbing is correct and you’re not pumping in more than what you’re withdrawing then you’ll be fine.

Why only 12 gal again?
You can put a 27 gal black and yellow HD tote in there and whatever you want on the outside and make it work. Just that easy.

All you need is
One 10ft x 1 1/2” pvc,
Two 1/12” bulkhead unuions
1-2 1 1/2” elbows pending how you connect it.
1 1/2” ball valve or two
3/4” black tubing
3/4” bulkhead union
3/4” hose clamps
1-2 3/4” elbows
1-2 3/4” cutoff valves.
950 gph air pump w/ 6 way splitter.
Six 2”x2” air stones
1/4” black tubing
400 gph water pump
Pvc glue
Pvc cutters or saw and put it together.

Easy peasy! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

What Happy said :point_up: :sunglasses:

1 Like

So if i buy 2 27 gal totes one for out side 1 for inside how many gallons of water should i have in res to start system running? Whats sad is i already bought 12 gal totes and i think its to late to return them , so if have to use 12’s will it work and agsin how many gals need to be in thevres to start system

1 Like

Im confused looking at diagram you drew for me the water pump is outside the tent and not a submerged in the grow totes so i dont need a submersible just something to pull and push the water? Can i see yours? Im not very technically inclinrd so I want to get as much correct as i can . Would i be asking to much of you to look on amazon and send me a shopping list from the site? So i can just order it all at once and get then i can go to HD and get tbe plumbing lol. I know im being a pain in the butt i apologize

It’s really not depending on the amount of water. I can run mine with about 9 gal min, but water level where I want it to be is 2 inches from the netpot. Sometime it’ll get down 8 inches below the netpot and everything runs fine. It’s a matter of water level being above the water pump cause you don’t want the pump to run dry.

Another thing to look at is the size of your tote. Running hydro with small totes is a disaster waiting to happen. Your roots will get sucked into the outlet. Even with a 3” pvc return, they can clog up a drain/return line easy.
That’s why as I have mentioned to go with bigger totes and offset your netpot to the rear of the tote. Gives roots plenty of room to grow as well as keeps the water more stable. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

It’s an inline water pump. If you look at my pictures, You can see how it all works. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

This is just about all you need right here.

https://www.amazon.com/Active-Aqua-AACH10HP-Chiller-Cooling/dp/B07BHHQLKR/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=1J2WZQ0FIUIOS&keywords=1%2F10+hp+Active+Aqua+Chiller&qid=1663709513&sprefix=1%2F10+hp+active+aqua+chiller%2Caps%2C297&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-AAPW400-Submersible-Hydroponic-Aquarium/dp/B0854BWDV4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=2FP9D51NONWQX&keywords=1%2F10+hp+Active+Aqua+water+pump&qid=1663709635&sprefix=1%2F10+hp+active+aqua+water+pump%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Commercial-Aquarium-Hydroponic-Systems/dp/B06XDKRYC6/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?crid=2B20QNP4C0DNT&keywords=hydro%2Bair%2Bpump&qid=1663956188&sprefix=hydro%2Bair%2Bpump%2Caps%2C105&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyU1JOTkZQNTU5Tlg4JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzU3NTI5OEs4MjRONERDRExNJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0MzE4OTkzMFhXWUVaVTlGUUdaJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/AQUANEAT-Aquarium-Cylinder-Diffuser-Hydroponics/dp/B081PR7R3N/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=3NQU81H26T2R3&keywords=hydro+air+stones+2x2&qid=1663956434&sprefix=hydro+air+stones+2x2%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-4

Make sure you know what bulkheads you are getting before buying them. You want to be able to attach them to pvc. If you can measure, cut, and glue pvc, then you’ve got it made. If not, then you may want to run coco.

:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Ok i noticed you said 3" pvc in diagram but i dont see 3" pvc on the list lol, also it says two 1/12" bulkhead unions is it supposed to be 2 1/2" bulkhead unions?

1 Like

So i need 2 wtr pmps looking at diagram it looks like one is out the tent and i cant find your pics that youre referring to

1 Like

Im thinking now maybe i should just throw in tbe towel , this all very confusing i done know how you were able to hook up a submersible pump outside your res looking at the pictures of the 2 pack you sent me i dont see how you were able to do that with these

1 Like