Robert365 journal

I don’t know if you noticed but i also have light on each side of the plant not perfecr spectrum by no means but that’s the way it was built

1 Like

@Spudgunner i dont understand what you mean when you say bend her down in a spiral

I would recommend 18/6 or 20/4 - I run my autos on 12/12 but it’s a merit of how my space is set up, not because it’s truly the best for autos. It seems to me regardless of genetics, my autos on a 12/12 always end up right between 2 and 2.5 ounces (except for true sh!t genes, those are just sad plants). I suspect strongly if I ran on 18/6 or 20/4, I would see bigger yields in the same amount of space.

4 Likes

@robert365 Ok, I grow in plastic. I’ve drilled holes around the lip of the containers so that I can attach wire. So I tried this time on my auto to get her to grow around the container, only because I didn’t top her.
Photos that I top, I pull the branches outwards away from the stem as there is no 1 “main” like when you don’t top them. I didn’t want to bend her over and have her grow straight out, tried more to train her like a spiral staircase, going round and round, up and up. But she only grew about 18" so it ended up more like a C

Well all woke up to 790ppm and ph 6.1 she made a heck of a change overnight

2 Likes

Had to add about a pint of water again my concern is when she really starts drinking due to my work schedule and i only have a 2 gal res will i be able to keep her dull of water and nor dry out before i get home

1 Like

Thinking about buying some big bud or something to start putting in with nutes at res change going forward…thoughts

1 Like

Looking good Robert…pulled that girl outta the ditch. Good job brother.
Yeah that low res level gonna be a sticky situation. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It may not be an ideal setup brother. But, you will be able to grow. Size of your grow space always limits the potential of something big.

IMO, it’s probably best that it looks like you might have an auto on the smaller size…. maybe?? That box is not really built for a big plant without challenges. You can still have a huge harvest. It may have some big fat buds.

This will give you a time to get use to how everything works in hydro while you get your feet wet again so to speak.

Just about everybody I have seen, including myself, when growing a photo in hydro has a jungle the first time or two. They grow quick and you have to stay on top of training and trimming. It will definitely get away from you… quick.

Just keep plugging along keeping it in the same range you have now and they’ll reward you in the end. You got this. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Depending on the plant you grow, figure 3’ft sq. + for each plant for a 7 week veg. If you scrog (not necessarily needed) the potential when your grow room is dialed in is easily a pound or better per plant…. If you want big plants.

IMO, that’s why I grow hydro… :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

Don’t get me wrong , you can do it in soil and coco as well but it does take lots of practice or just a good green thumb. :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah the size of the cabinet and the res is sef. Limiting what i can do, i have a 4x4 tent in my shed with a 5 gallon drip system and i believe i have GH nutes out there as well im probably going to bring that in for my next grow. This system was falsely advertised and i went for it ,(dumbass) lesson learned anyway hoping to make the best of it . Just have stay on top of the numbers and water level do you think atvres change tomorrow i should bump my ppm to 950 and she how she does . I got this ppm chart from hyrdo store

2 Likes

That is a pretty standard chart to go by. It looks to me she is happy and growing in that 800 range. I guess if in flower now you could push it to 950, but i like less until the plant and readings tell me to do something else. IMO, i would keep her in that happy spot and see what happens next week. You can always adjust up. See what Happy thinks, his lead has been on point for ya so far. Got her looking good. :+1: :sunglasses: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

I do have a question, when im changing the water in my res ive been pulling the entire net pot out and setting it in a bowl with some of the water in it that im changing to keep the roots wet, i know as she gets bigger thats going to be impossible to do. But when i change my res i try to completely remove ALL previous water, so im putting back everything fresh , is there an easier way to do this . I can hook a hose to my lump and drain it that way but i should have the fresh nutes and water right at the same time so the roots do get dry or shocked.what would you guys suggest

2 Likes

Exactly what he said :point_up_2::+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

You guys are best if it wasn’t for you id be lost and she’d probably be all yellow lol tysvm for all your input

1 Like

Get a wet dry shop vac or a transfer pump to draw the old water out through one of the other holes. Pour the new food in through the same hole.

2 Likes

Also the ppm going from 840 to 790 means she is finally feeding?

2 Likes

Yes, maybe even make it 850, and see if she drops it.

2 Likes

Which of these im thinking the 4 gallon so on next grow ill use a 5 gal res

1 Like

Definitely the 4 gal. out of those two :v::sunglasses:

1 Like