Robert365 journal

I’ve got 3 tables, each with a chiller. Pump from rez to chiller, back to rez. Another pump pumps water from rez to container with plants, which flows back to rez. I was never able to keep my water cool without a chiller. I keep my veg room at 65 degrees, eliminating the need for chillers in there. I fought root rot for 3 years until I got a chiller.

3 Likes

Good to see you kickin brother. @robert365 take notes when him and @peachfuzz speak. You can’t go wrong. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

How high above my plant should myight be now, i have a. Hps bulb but i know thats to much for this small space

3 Likes

I would have to refere you to @Graysin or maybe @CooterJuice or anybody? :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

@iDontKnowGrow and @spacey are the only two folks I know who use HPS bulbs - maybe they can guide ya

1 Like

Im not using a hps bulb now i was simpky saying that i have one but i know it gets to hot for the space i have lol ty guys. This morning 4am 840 ppm ph was 6.4 bought it down to 5.6 she definitely getting taller was why i asked what distance from plant should my leds be.

1 Like

Probably around 18-24 inches. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you thats what i needed to know, ill raise it a tad this evening when i get home

@robert365 or start LST on her and bend her top downwards…you can only keep raising the light for so long, and right now she should still be pliable!

2 Likes

@Spudgunner bend the top down? You mean tie her off to the side? I still have 3ft empty space above the light

1 Like

Today you do! How long will that last? You want to grow a couple or 3 ounces, right, not 1/2 oz!
I’d get a thick twist-tie wire or pipecleaner and hook it at the red line and bend her to maybe 45* or less to start. As she grows, keep bending her in the same direction, try and spiral her around the pot. The lower branches will catch up in height in a few weeks and you will have more colas. And more height to grow into. It will also open up the middle of your plant.
rob

Your question about an HPS bulb…it will get HOT in that little cabinet! I used to have a 1000w and a 400w, both would generate too much heat in a small cabinet like that. General rule of thumb is, if you can hold your hand under the light for 30 seconds and it doesn’t feel hot, it’s ok for the ladies. If it’s hot for your hand…nope! You can lower your current light to that level, which will be around 16" to 20" maybe. An HPS you will need to keep it about 3 feet from the top, which won’t allow you much, if any, vertical growth.
As you do LST on her, she might get a touch stressed, which may trigger flowering, Mine was that height when she started, and you’ve seen pics of my BBa. For your first grow, keep her small and manageable. You don’t want to grow a huge plant that will produce 1 cola and a bunch of larf, it’s much more rewarding to grow a compact dwarf! Then you know more of your abilities and what that setup can produce, and you can adjust your methods on your next grow.
I want to see you grow something that will produce a decent quantity, not a huge amount, but good quality bud you will be proud of. Too many people invest their money and time and produce crap weed and then give up. I see equipment for sale all the time on Craigslist from people who did one grow and gave up! I don’t mind buying their lightly used equipment from them for 40cents on the dollar!
And crank those lights to 20/4 or 18/6! You only have 150w light, give her all she can handle! @HappyHydroGrower your thots on this?

2 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower what your thoughts on the light schedule, i know autos dont need to be flipped im trying to get it right and spudgunner seems very knowledgeable and i dont want to distespect anyone thats yrying to help me but im conflicted now about the lights

1 Like

So think the 12/12 now is not a good idea im seeing pistols starting now since i flipped it,wont flipping it back confuse the plant at this pint? Shes been on 12/12 for 2days now

1 Like

So i moved my light up to 17 in above plant todays readings are still 840ppm shes holding steady right there for 2 days now ph 5.9 up.03 from this mornings reading. Ive included root pics today and i tried to move the top to 45 degrees even though i have sideights as well as my overhead lamp hopefully in the morning ill see some kinda change in the ppm reading… thoughts other than i need a better setup lol btw i have co2 pads in there as well should i take them out?

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

It looks like the bottom of the net may be slighty wet which means i probably need to take a tad of water out. It didnt look as though it was even touching it but i forgot when i add the ice packs the weight makes the water lever rise :sleepy::sleepy:

So i just removed about 2.5 cups of water hopefully that will give the roots more breathing room and ill start to see some chages to the ppm i have to be careful cause with only a 2gal res and about 1.75 gals in there initially i dont want her to start drinking and run risk if getting to low before i can get home and the roots start to dry out thats disaster in itself that much i do know

Sorry @Spudgunner I haven’t been able to get back. Been out and about all day with the exceptional glance every now then.

@robert365 You were actually starting to flower before you flipped the lights or about 3-4 days ago maybe. The last two pictures, you can actually see pre flowers.

Now, from what I have always heard, it’s not good to mess with the lights once set with autos. But I’m not the expert on autos. That’s just what I have read. @Graysin might have some insight as far as light schedule for auto goes. I know a lot of folks run 18/6 but I have also heard that an auto will only do so much and anything over 12/12 is a waste of electricity. Again only what I have read. Others may know differently. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Now @robert365 as she grows, continue trying to bend her down in a spiral, then you have lots of light.
@HappyHydroGrower some only grow autos on 12/12 start to finish but they have kick-ass lights that give them their daily dose in 12 hours, any extra WOULD be a waste for them! But Bob’s only got that 150w, which is why I suggested bumping them back. And an HPS would let you do 12/12, but you would cook the poor ladies!

2 Likes