Robert365 first time rdwc

@Retiredoldguy @Graysin @GreggT @OGIncognito @Newt @CooterJuice @Bamamojo well growmies finally worked out all the kinks got the system leak proof, only thing left to do is figure out how to keep the res cover on (see photo) and hang the light, install the ventilation and germ the beans. Im super stoked to get growing again ! My system is a 32 gal res and 2x27 plant totes it took 60gals to reach 2inches below net pots as im using 3in net pots , im thinking after this first grow ill go with 6in net pots so i wont have to use as much water and nutes. I want to thank everyone for their help and support now lets get them girls growing ! 650R diablo scorpion light. Ac infinity exhaust fan and carbon filter using jacks 321, Hydrogaurd and Amori Si and thats all…fingers and toes and eyes crossed…lol

17 Likes

@BudzMS @Bunger64 @Dj351 @GreggT thanks for the support, do the journey begins anew .Sorry forgot to tag a few of ya, been smokin…lol

7 Likes

Glad you got it going brother!! Time to pop some beans!!

6 Likes

Right on Brother!! I know it feels good to get that finished up, nice set up and stoked to watch you get it fired up my friend :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

spongebob-smoking

7 Likes

Appreciate it growmies, ztoned spounge bob thsts hilarious

4 Likes

Good luck!

3 Likes

Along for the ride, brother!

A little duct tape on the res side would keep it held up well enough.

4 Likes

Set to watching - thanks for the tag brother!

2 Likes

@Graysin thanks for the advice my growmie i figure that or try to wedge a piece of plywood just tall enough to fit under the lip and snug tight to the floor would work …fingers crossed lol

2 Likes

@Retiredoldguy and everyone else GM, it’s Friyaaay. I hope all my growmies have an excellent day. Keep them green and keep them growing !

3 Likes

morning Robert…have a great day :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

TGIF GROWMIES
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

6 Likes

@Retiredoldguy ty brother same to you, finally got the kinks worked with my system only issue now is because im using 3 in pots ive had to increase the water to 58 gals total to hit 2in under pots where as if i used the six ot would be 35- 40 gals in enire system i think the extra 18 or so gals is causing my res to bow slightly and i need to figure a way to keep the cover on it to protect nutes in res from the light, cant find a 6in hole saw anywhere or id make tbe holes bigger, which would stop the bowing of the res. So i guess ill use the 3in pots this run and keep looking for the saw for the next run i guess, 58gls is a lot of nutes…lol

5 Likes

Get some pieces of 1x2 and make a frame around the top of the res, maybe 2" below the top. It will still bow a bit maybe, but less so. Or use 2x4’s.
Hope that works, you need to MacGyver something!

4 Likes

Yeah i kinda fugured id need to just to protect the res from crap getting in it, although its a sealed n locked room so thats really not an issue

1 Like

do you have air stones in the totes???

1 Like

@Retiredoldguy Not yet, ill call you

So i have a question for anyone running an rdwc system with a water cooler , im wondering what can be used either while plants are in the system or without the plants that can be used to clean or keep my system clean other than the hydrogaurd, as im concerned about using peroxide idk if it will cause any damage to the internals of my water chiller over prolonged use. Any suggestions or comments of what you currently use would be very helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@OGIncognito @GreggT @Graysin @Newt @Retiredoldguy @Bamamojo @Bunger64 something i threw together for the grandkids this morning

15 Likes