Robert Bergman's Nutrients. Feeding broken down with variables

OK. I just reviewed the soil and hydro mixing schedules for RB nutrients. Here are 3 options as I see them.

1. I figured this out under the old posted schedule which has changed since. I iwll explain.

My recipe that has worked really well was:

Seedling - 1/2 tsp per gallon

Grow - 1/2 tsp per gallon

Bloom - 3/4 tsp per gallon

Boost 1/4 - 1/2 tsp per gallon

ph after mixing to 6.1-6.2 using promix or coco

The schedule has been updated in the store, since I did my original breakdown ( we used to download a pdf but, I see the actual schedule posted ), Here is my advice. Use my schedule posted above or the “soil” schedule for Coco or Promix;

Soil schedule I would use.

Seedling - 1/2 tsp per gallon

Grow - 2/3 tsp per gallon ( you could use 1/2 tsp per gallon early and then increase to 3/4 tsp per gallon in week 4 of veg cycle)

Bloom - 3/4 - 1.0 tsp per gallon ( use less at beginning of flower and 1.0 tsp about week 4

Boost 1/4 tsp per gallon ( to be added to the Bloom )

PH for Coco or Promix 6.1 - 6.2

As far as the hydro schedule. Coco is sometimes used in hydro grows as well as a substitue for soil or mixed 1/2 with peat and perlite. It is a personal choice and comes with experience and experimentation.

We are finding that less fertilzer is more to produce stronger terpines and to allow the plant to cure to a better tasting product. However; If you wanted to try and boost the plant for more yield, sacrificing some terpine levels and overall taste in the end, then you could use the Hydro formula.

Another note: You can fidure out values like this and come up with your own measures.

From seedling with 4 sets of leaves - the 4th week mix soluiton to 400-600 ppm.

For the balance of veg cycle (week 4-8) increase ppm tom 800-1000 ppm.

For flowering ( through week 4) 1000-12000 ppm

(from week 5 through 8 ) you can stay at 1000 - 1200 ppm or increase solution to 1500 ppm

The last 2 weeks flush with properly PH’d water.

Proper PH values
Hydro PH 5.8 +/- .3
Coco and Promix PH 6.1 +/- .3
Soil PH 6.5 - 7.0

I hope this helps you out.

I still use the original schedule I figured out years ago when RB nutrientds were introduced. I am a certified commercial hydroponic grower, and I have use all hydro methods, Promix and Coco in pots or bags, super soil, and Regenerative organic grow methods. Roger Latewood

49 Likes

Thought I would call this tutorial up since people were asking about ILGM nutes.

7 Likes

I also want to say I am going thru this and possibly makeing some minor changes. I need a 35 hours day to get it all done. :smiley:

3 Likes