RO water system any suggestions?

Wanting to install a ro system in grow room does anyone have any products that they would suggest? @MeEasy @PharmerBob @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @BobbyDigital

2 Likes

The RO buddie has got to be the most cost effective and easy to install. I have mine installed outside on my patio.

https://www.amazon.com/Aquatic-Life-Changing-Deionization-Cartridge/dp/B00204CQF6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?adgrpid=59747477007&dchild=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkJ-b3ODV8AIVq8mUCR3F2g0nEAAYAiAAEgI2cvD_BwE&hvadid=274705667483&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1026481&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=922494626086251708&hvtargid=kwd-308690621161&hydadcr=29824_10192628&keywords=ro+buddie&qid=1621427661&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUDVLMVRUTThRRzMmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA1MzYxNTBQUFg0Uko4N1lON0MmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDU3ODA5NjNWODlBUFZYUjNPT1Amd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

5 Likes

I agree ro buddy is super common and inexpensive. Wanted to add that cheaper systems are often significantly less efficient, so you have a lot more waste per gallon of ro.

3 Likes

I just agree with everyone else.

3 Likes

I have a ro system bought from lowes cost 289 bucks had a 2 gallon storage tank i upgraded to a 10 gal storage tank. I would say stay away from this kind unless u only plan on using a small amount at once and think of flower time also water amounts are insane with some mediums. Something that gives a consistent flow would be best. Mone stops and drips after the 10 gallons and i hate it :laughing:

1 Like

There are a couple of things you need to pay attention to with a setup like this. It says in the ad that you need incoming water pressure of 65 psi AND the water needs to be 77* to get 2 gph. Less than 65 psi and it affects the water going thru the membrane and less than 77* affects the output, meaning your production is slower/less than the stated 2 gph.

I’ve been keeping a saltwater reef tank for about 8 years and use a RO/DI system that will produce 150 gpd. Do yourself a favor and do your homework before buying anything so you don’t waste your time and money.

1 Like

Another thing to think about is that that system has a rejection rate of 3.5 to 1, meaning 3.5 gallons of water go down the drain for every 1 gallon of RO water that you get.

Thanks for input guy’s. So regular tap water set out for a day or two does’t sound to inconvenient or even distilled!! @LandShark @Mark0427 @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @BobbyDigital

3 Likes

Depends on how much you go through. Using 2-3 gallons of distilled gets old quickly. If your ppm isn’t too high, dechlorinated tap is plenty good.

5 Likes

I appreciate the tag @jdw but I don’t know anything at all about ro water systems

1 Like

If it weren’t for the fact that I have a saltwater aquarium, I wouldn’t have bought an RO system for growing jazz cabbage. I would just do as dbrn32 suggested.

I bought an RO buddy a few years ago. Works flawlessly and it’s sooooo inexpensive.

My only complaint is that I frequently forget I’ve got it running and I overflow the container. :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I hook my ro system up to my water storage bins with simple swamp cooler floats…
Works like a charm and it allows me to have 100 gallons of ro on hand…

:v::sunglasses:

7 Likes

thanks for the info​:relaxed::relaxed: