RO vs Distilled for Out of Town Help

Hey all, happy Sunday hope you’re having an awesome weekend.

I need someone to water while heading out of town, and trying to dummy proof it. It will be an off-nute cycle thankfully, and am in veg with about 1.5 weeks to flip. In FFOF medium.

Question is should I have them use RO or distilled? PHing is off the table (too much to ask), and I read that distilled is 7.0 and RO you can’t really adjust the PH anyway.

Tap is around 9 so that’s off the table.

Any thoughts appreciated! @Bulldognuts @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower my normal tags :slight_smile: Hope y’all doing great!

1 Like

Correct. Distilled is essentially the same thing (nearly pure H2O with PPM < 10,) and there is no need to pH either distilled or RO. Distilled and RO will take on the pH of the medium they are put in. They have no pH.

6 Likes

Essentially the same thing made two different ways.
PPMs are negligible. Use either and you will be fine.

@MidwestGuy beat me to it. Lol

4 Likes

Thanks @MidwestGuy @Spiney_norman I guess RO route will use less plastic (refillable 5gal) vs 5 1gal distilled so I will go that way.

Have a great Sunday!

3 Likes

@Spiney_norman @MidwestGuy :100::+1:

I’ve been harping on this for some time: good to see the message is getting through.

3 Likes

Yeah it took a little bit for it to sink in on me :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

Same here, you’ve told me about not needing to do this to RO. Im an ole dog brother :slight_smile:

4 Likes