RO System ideas

I did some reading through the forums but most posts I found were a couple years old. I saw a lot of recommendations for the RO Buddy and was wondering if that was still my best bet.

1 Like

I still use ro buddy 100 a little slow but works great hope this helps

2 Likes

I use the RO buddy 50 GPD, its slow but does it job lol. once i empty a jug and go ahead to fill it back up. 5 gallon bucket takes forever but gives you time to do something else.

1 Like

I use an under-sink model with a 3 gal tank. Perfect size for running 1 plant at a time. I fill gallon milk jugs and carry them back to the grow room. It takes about 2 minutes to fill each jug.

I have run a continuous grow of 1 or 2 plants (though I haven’t planted a new grow since my last harvest in December) since I bought it and just replaced the cartridges about a month ago.

The price on this thing has doubled since I bought it in 2020. I think I paid $190 for the system. Even at the current price it still beats running around town trying to buy distilled water in bulk.

3 Likes

I use the RO buddy 50 gal 4 stage filter model and replace all filters 2-3 times a year. For me personally it was in my best interest to get a water reservoir to hold my clean water and i found a empty 55 gal plastic drum that had food safe silica in it to use and it works great. They have a few attachments for the sink or other water lines. I run my water from a y juction off the washer hookup. Takes about 2 hours for a 5 gal to fill up in my experience

4 Likes

I use the stealth ro 150 and it keeps a 55 gallon barrel full for me. Been running it 2 years now.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice everyone! Here’s what I went with.

4 Likes

its perfect, remember to check on it lmao, i keep mine filling in the sink and forget that im filling because it takes so long and it will be over filling

3 Likes

I always forget… I try not to puff before I start… As I’ll sometimes forget to set a “check the gallon” timer…

3 Likes

Just was on here posting… Sure enough…

I forgot again!

2 Likes

lmao :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: