Rinsing w/ ff sledghammer

Idk. Every girl different. I’ve been using FF CN for couple years and never really had to flush. The only time I use sledge is when there’s a big nute deficiency or bugs. Other than that I dont use it and basically wasted some money. This my latest 16 weeks old/ 8 weeks in bloom.

3 Likes

latewood you still don’t get it. He’s saying the more specific details are missing, such as how many gallons of solution or water are needed to complete a flush for a pot that is X gallons big. Same reason I landed on this forum, because I have the same question that cannot be answered on the bottle. We would like to know, is one gallon of solution enough to flush a standard 3gal pot? More? Do we need to follow the solution with a gallon or two of regular ph’ed water? That’s what we’re saying, or at least me anyway.

1 Like

Hi @SnakebiteMaGee , welcome to the neighborhood :grinning: I really wish fox farm would change the name of this stuff because it causes so much confusion :confused: sledgehammer “flush” isn’t used like you would do a regular flush. Sledgehammer is made from yucca plant and it’s a soil conditioner and not a flush it helps the soil absorb your nutrient mix better making it easier available to the plants roots so as long as you wet all the soil with the sledgehammer mix you got it :+1:

Make up the solution (think it’s 2 tsp/gallon) and water your plants to runoff then go back to feeding normally when they are thirsty again.

Base the amount of solution on your feeding amount. When I feed or water, in my 3 gallon rain science bags, I give them 3/4 of a gallon. Every time. So you double that amount for flushing with sledgehammer. In this case 3/4 x 2 or 1.5 gallons. Last grow I used 5 gallon fabric bags, waterings were 1 gallon, flushings were 2 gallons.

1 Like

You had the easiest explanation of all thankyou so much because I had the same crazy questions lol

You used 1 gallon of sledgehammer?

1 Like