Richard1-1 Beginning Grow Journal

I’ve been taking the Pics with the Marker Pen as Reference and The Girls are Growing Bigger Leaves and Widening Somewhat… The Height is only Changing Slightly at this Time in their Growth… I’m Studying on watering schedules right now… I Put my Finger Down to the Bottom of the Pot in the Soil, and I feel Dampness, but not Wet… If I pour 1/3rd cup of 6.3 PH water in then Not a Drop drains from the pot onto the Cardboard Box that they’re Sitting On… Wondering if the Soil Dampness sounds Ok like that, @dbrn32 ?? … I Don’t know How I can better DescrIbe the Soil Dampness … Thank You for the Much Needed Help… (All you Guys)!! … Richard…

I use a soil moisture probe or just a wooden skewer. I stick it all the to the bottom. If any soil sticks to it, I wait.

3 Likes

Thanks @BobbyDigital

1 Like

That method sounds good to me. Once they get a little bigger you will water to runoff regularly. Right now you don’t want as much water so your roots will try to expand.

1 Like

I took them outside at 11 this Morning in a Partially Shaded place where they can get 3 + hours of Sun… They feel light again… They’re Drinking but Not growing taller… Gonna work this Slump Outta them… Fixing to make Em Want More Water…

Gonna be Some Different Pics Here One way or the Other… We’re Fixing to See some Change Guys… If they Respond well to the Sun, then I’ll assume that my Light IS the Problem…

Ok, I soaked my @garrigan62 Super Soil in my Deep Well Water last Night for 24 Hours to check the PH and PPM… My well Water is PH 7.2 and 0088 PPM… The PH of the Filtered soak water is 6.6 and the PPMs of the Test is 1270… Does that Sound Good or What?? … Just Asking??

2 Likes

That’s right around where u want to be. Little high ppms but not bad at all

1 Like

Think Im supposed to Put the Bottom Half of My Big Pot of this Super Soil and transplant the Girls in the Starter Soil to the Big Pot with Regular Potting Pro Mix Soil above that Half… I’ll Hafta Read Up again…

2 Likes

You place your flowering soil on the bottom then add you vegg soil, your plants should all ready be in their starting soil, when ready, to vegg transplant.
You’ll be fine

3 Likes

Thanks @garrigan65… So the Super Soil IS the Flowering Soil? … All I Have is the One batch… What needs to be Added for the Veg Soil ??

1 Like

You can use like som Fox Farm, Happy Frog something along those lines @Richard1-1

1 Like

I’m not sure of what you have on hand, but it will go something like I posted
below.
HOPE THIS HELPS, Just remember LOW k p higher N for vegg
Soil Recipe to be mixed with 1 to 1/1/2 cu ft of base soil

One lb. or more of worm castings

.3125 lb or 5 oz Fishbone Meal 3-16-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Steamed Bone Meal 2-14-0

.625 lb or 10 oz Bat Guano 0-7-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Blood Meal 13-0-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Feather Meal 12-0-0

4 Likes

@garrigan65… Thank You Sir… I have most of that Stuff and can follow your Instructions Well… I may use some Chicken Manure for the “N factor”… That stuff will make Em Big (from Experience) !! …Thanks Again for being So Thorough and Helpful

1 Like

Your very welcome, And watch out on how much you use of the chicken manure to much and you’ll burn your plants

2 Likes

Ok guys… Two days down and Here they Are…

The Girls jumped about an inch in a Day with 9hrs. of sun yesterday, and prolly 6hrs. today… It’s Clear that the Sun IS a Better Light Source…

1 Like

Here the Girls are yesterday

They came to “Atten Hut” and I think My Meizhi 450 Sucks… If I put it On Them again, I will have both Switches On I’m Thinkin
(Look at the Today pic above) They stretched AND got Wider…

Its hard to compare to nature, good job

1 Like

These Girls Have Jumped Guys…

They look twice as Big in 3days… Last Night and Today will Be their First full day and Night without a Roof over them… 3rd Day Outside though

3 Likes

Strain: Na

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
Soil in pots

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
Na

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Na

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?
Indoor 600w led

Temps; Day, Night
Day-80s
Nights- 70s

Humidity; Day, Night
Na

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
No

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
AC and dehumidifier

Co2; Yes, No
No

Soo my seeds (2 of same strain 1diff but both unknown) popped June 7th and were planted into Solo cups. After about a week and a half transplanted into 3g pots were they’ll stay. So I’m going into the end of week 4 and they haven’t grown much. This is my first time grow so much needed help would be appreciated. My current setup is a VIVOSUN 36"x20"x62" tent w/ 300w led grow light.

3 Likes

Do you have a grow journal going? If not I would make one, that way we don’t crowd Richard’s journal. BTW, welcome to the ILGM forum :metal: you should create a journal and we can help you and keep track of things

3 Likes