RH for Auto seeds to sprout

Hello First Timer here.
I just got my tent setup and my seeds germinated. I have been doing a trial with sunflower sprouts in it. With the led on and exhaust on 2/47 I’m holding around 77 degrees with an RH of 45ish. Fluctuates between 42-50. I have three 3 gallon pots in now with the seeds in them since I won’t be transplanting. Will my RH be OkY for them to sprout healthy? Or will I need to add a dome of some sort? I have been using a bigger sized pudding cup as a temporary dome for one. I also added a bowl of water trying to keep up the RH. Tent size is a 2x4x5. Any suggestions to help me along my journey. Thanks.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, great people around to help you.

You will get a yes or no to dome.

I don’t dome, and sprout at same temps with a RH at 40%. They will sprout in your environment. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.
Good to know. I’m just nervous I guess since it’s my first time. We’ll just keep misting until then!

1 Like

Easy on the misting you can overwater just as easily :call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

All they need at this stage is a stable environment. I understand, I was a new plant parent myself once.

1 Like

Right. I’ll probably be misting twice daily. I’m keeping an eye on substrate color really that’s what I’ve been going by. They’ve only been in there a day so yeah I’ve only misted twice. :sweat_smile:I’ll look at them again later before bedtime. It’s in the Cyco Pearl mix (70% Coco 30% Perlite) Also. I have a spider farmer Sf-2000. It’s the new model with the dimmer switch on the outside (Super Fancy) and I’m keeping it at around 60% power. Will this be efficient enough or should I just go 100% out the gate?

Slow and steady read your :seedling: baby.

1 Like

Welcome,

Good vibes and good luck :v:

1 Like

Thanks brother.
Things are looking great. First signs of life from the first seed that popped. Not even 48 hrs later. Super stoked!!

How much water should I be giving it at this stage if any at all? Just stick to misting? It’s at a 45 degree angle and it’s first two leaves are visible still very small.

Sorry for the delay, I watch lots of threads, light misting around the outside of the pot, to encourage root growth. Tagging like this
@Enlightened420 will get people attention faster

Good vibes, keep it green :v: