Reverse canoe leaves

Have you looked at the root ball? My thought was root rot setting in and have seen plants “guarding” like that. @GreenThunder just suffered through something like this.

2 Likes

Ill put a pic of the roots

Is there anything to do in the case of root rot

My WWA did the same thing with its leaf’s , didn’t seem like it hurt it

1 Like

Mine had cooked roots too, Just hid them in my trash outside or I would take a pic.

Is there a way to help them. Recover from root rot ?

I use hydroguard and every time I had root problems they just grew out of it :raised_hands:t4:
Sorry wrong I just FUBRed my GG#4 in flower and it never recovered

3 Likes

There’s some damage but I think they can recover. Like others mentioned, hydroguard is good to use to help keep those roots healthy. But even if you’re just able to maintain lower water temps that will help prevent root rot in the future by not giving that harmful bacteria a chance to thrive like it does in warmer water temps.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag, friend! I’m still a noob in hydro but I’m happy to share what I’ve learned so far.

@Shortmaster How much air do you have going? I found increasing the air helps even when temps are a little higher than ideal (mine usually are)

I would do a flush with florakleen or something similar. The roots can be sprayed with peroxide, I did 50/50 with water. I even used a soft toothbrush to gently remove some of the gunk.

I’ll add a recommendation for Hydroguard… use it with feedings but not when you flush.

I’ll tag you to my journal but keep in mind that I’m still learning too :wink:

3 Likes

How long did it take u to see a deference?

2 Likes

@TDubWilly is one who would know.

@GreenThunder, didn’t that one plant present leaves like this?

@Shortmaster, what do the roots smell like and are they white?

2 Likes

I think those roots could look better but I’ve seem worse

I’ve seem to have had plants “grow out of it” also however the turning point always had a reservoir change involved. I’ve changed the reservoir like three times in one week before. What’s better? Peroxide or hydroguard? Idk, I’ve had success and failures with both

If you can’t find a way to get this down then try and get another air pump and pump more air in there.

This was the first thing that popped in my head when i looked at the leaves, that combined with this

Made me think N tox

1 Like

Also, if that blue container in the bottom of this pic that looks like a trash can are what your roots are sitting in, i would change it.

Your probably just letting water deep into that container while you take the pic and if that’s the case then my bad, but your roots need to be in something that’s void of all light… light leads to algae, algae leads to unhappy roots

1 Like

The one on the upper rigth corner is the on having the problem. And the yellow container is how i have it set up

2 Likes

I think it’s recommended that you paint that yellow lid black… if it’s letting any light in then you’ll be battling algae.

The first one I had with that issue didn’t make it - but she had lots of problems, beginning with early starvation.

My current plant is showing clawing but I removed a bunch of her roots last week. I think yours is farther along

1 Like

I will try that too. hope fully that can atleast make it 4 more weeks. Because im in my 4 1/2 week of flower