Revegging Wash 1.0 (first time trying)

Wow @Hellraiser I never heard of “revegging”. That’s impressive. Your girl was one heck of a producer.

2 Likes

OMFG. Is that what heaven looks like, or what?

3 Likes

I’ve lost track of how many you got growing… lmao

1 Like

I’ve got 7 now! 3 baby clones, 2 that are in flower, and 2 in the big pots are vegging (and the straw bale of course).
I keep telling myself that I’m not cloning any more. I want to grow from seeds next.
I might be giving 1 or 2 of the new clones to friends so I can focus on the rest of them. Lol!

2 Likes

Is this actually your process? Do you go over these steps in your “perpetual” grow log?

Not lately. But i do purposely stunt my plants. My lighting has never been the best. So i need smaller plants then most. Among tricks i use…

Small pots. I like to restrict the roots as much as possible in stages. Start in solo cups/black starter trays. And dont transplant until they basically scream for it. Slight rootboundness, but well developed root systems and smaller foliage.

Light height. As i said. Not the most intense at all. 200w of great leds (4~ generations ago tho) but i run it pretty close. That helps keep them squat. I also will turn down the intensity.

My aggressive topping. Most top at the first node. I top the too 2-3 nodes off. I want well established sucker leaves to become the new tops. Normally one topping with a bit of training results in a super symmetric bushy gal. Notice the 4 main colas on most of the plants.

Feed low. I also delay the nute process. Usually ur soil is safe to push 4-6 weeks. But i start adding my fish emul around 4-5. Normally a week or two after that transplant up.
And even with all that torture. I try to veg as quickly as possible. Usually 5-7 weeks tops. (Not counting seedling)

3 Likes

So a mechanic uses the phrase “suck, squeeze, bang, blow” to describe the cycle of an internal combustion engine. Would it be safe to say that “Stunt, Top, Shorten, Starve” properly describes this method for growing?

Stunt, Top, Shorten, Starve

• Stunt - root growth by transplanting to larger pots (as late as possible) into slightly larger pots to slow root spread, but not to the point of being root bound. Finish with a smaller plant, but more root mass.
  • Top plants - and train for symmetrical growth.
  • Shorten - distance between lights and plant. Lower light’s intensity. Promote shorter, bushier growth.
  • Starve…not really starve, but: Feed Low, Feed Slow.
3 Likes

I forgot to tag @PurpNGold74 for my question…

1 Like

Outside girls.

6/12

2 Likes

Upstairs girls

3 Likes

Hahaha. I love that! Great wording. STSS. Sounds like a new Challenger :joy:

Works for me tho. 4 days short of a month and they finally got bigger pots. Could flower em all this week but gonna try to get 3-5 more.

The first Wash reveg’d is the bottom of the first set of pics correcr? She looks great man. Healthy plants everywhere

Upstairs girls, you got a few chairs on the beast of a deck, with a view? I’d smoke my harvest and deep relax with that view.

3 Likes

Exactly. Couldnt bare going to work with a view like that

2 Likes

I’ve got my chairs and grill and stuff at the other end of the deck where we sit and relax and listen to the owls, the occasional coyote yipping, and the artillery way off in the distance. The sun goes down behind the house and watch the stars come out. Folks in our part so the state say that “Summer” doesn’t start until the 4th of July. So the good deck stuff will come out in July.

@PurpNGold74 I’m lucky enough (and nonessential enough) to be able to work from home. I place the upstairs girls on the railing so I can see them through my living room windows while I work. It’s really going to suuuck when we are finally made to work from work. I get to run around throughout the day working (with my headset on) and messing with my plants. Coincidentally, I haven’t been late for work in three months. Lol.

@Cannabian @zee @SweetsOnDeck @Hellraiser @HellaLoaded @violagirl0 And…the time I would have been using carpooling to work, I’m usually reading or updating my journal or seeing what my Grownies are up to. And I know that I’ve read something cool and have thought ‘I wonder if I could do that?’ And by that afternoon, I’ve gone and tried it. I’ve tried to document my failures here and in my first journal too.

I think this is community is a pretty chill place to hang out. I don’t know about anyone else here, but I don’t have anyone else that I can talk to about my grow… or hear about anyone else’s grow, see their pictures, and get questions answered. And just learn something new, see something new, or read about just a different growing experience.

Like… What’s up with the calyx things? I’ve got them all over the branches now and I understand they are the heart of the buds. So what are the things in the middle of the flower making the pistils?

Just a gang of calyxes? Calyxi?

4 Likes

@OlyBoy98503 your energy is so real. I can relate so much - in a world where a newfound hobby sweeps you over with unforeseen passion, yet it is so elusive that its community is as distinctly driven as it is contributive, sharing knowledge, experience and growth… so revitalizing. Happy to connect with someone with so much passion and I genuinely feel the same refuge in this community!

3 Likes

@SweetsOnDeck I’ve wondered that too, but I’ve never laid out all the pieces…
Short version is as follows: Wash, ~6-7 weeks; Memory, 10 weeks; Lady & Spud, 7 wks veg, 3 wks flower.

Long Version: The three clones were plucked from Wash on Presidents Day weekend (2/18). (And since Washington is the President of our country, I decided to name my (strain unknown) plant ‘Wash’ because she’s the mother of the clones.)

Memory (1.1) grew fastest and got a 5 gallon pot on 4/8. Lady (1.2) and Spud (1.3) got their 3 gallon pots on 4/13 (yeah…it took five days for me to get 2 three-gal pots). Memory was getting too big (not enough soil in her pot) so she got a new 6.5 gallon pot on 5/24, MEMORIal Day weekend. That’s also when she moved permanently outside next to her mom. There’s no real reason why I waited almost 8 weeks to plant them. I didn’t know what I was doing.

Wash (1.0) was harvested on 4/20 (at 4:20) and I right away dumped a bunch of plant food and water into her bucket. It was the one and only time water came out her drain holes. And I gave her all the light I could…and she starting re-vegging two weeks later! I repotted her into a 6.5 gallon pot and stuck her outside 4 weeks after harvest.

Memorial Day (5/25) weekend was also the weekend that Lady and Spud took a 36 hour nap and then started a 12/12 light cycle. They will start week 4 of flower on 6/15.

One of my buddies jokingly told me that he thought the name Wash was a dumb name for a strain. I jokingly told him the real name was Fairy Unicorn Princess. We busted out laughing. It’s just too stupid, but the name kind of stuck. The word document chronicling my grow journal is actually called Fairy Unicorn Princess. But that’s just too hard to type. ‘Wash’ is much easier to type. And I’m doing different things with each plant so I have names for them so I can keep it all straight in my journals.

1 Like

Yes! You put it into words exactly.

Yup. Wherever u see two pistils, will be a calyx aka bud.

Girl hairs!

4 Likes

Not much sun at all today. We did get some good rain. Here’s the outside girls tonight.

6/13

3 Likes