Retirement Countdown Grow

Big shout out to @kaptain3d for dropping my name in a Veterans Day giveaway! Thanks for sharing the luck

17 Likes

Mother Earth also has a washed 5KG bale. I add it to my soil mixes.

2 Likes

:sunglasses: I’m happy for you my friend! :partying_face:

Some cool :fire: you got! :wink:

5 Likes

Nice! They sound yummy :yum:

3 Likes

Nice!!! Congratulations @AfgVet sounds like a yummy mixture you got on your hands!!!

3 Likes

Thai Berry Blast sounds fun!

4 Likes

Hopefully it gets you blasted! :joy::rofl::joy::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Nice set up

2 Likes

That Thai Berry has my mouth watering!! I can smell that fruity deliciousness from here!! Awesome and well deserved!

4 Likes

That’s where I’m at too!! Don’t know why but the fruity/berry strains catch my attention. Not like I’ve smoked any lol

6 Likes

@AfgVet. What kind of lights do u use there. Look huge in the pics lol

2 Likes

They are HLG QB boards that I put together myself. The 2 larger ones have 6 boards and the 2 smaller ones have 4 boards each

11 Likes

@AfgVet - I’m really liking your plant stands, with the integrated casters and the scrog nets.

I have a few questions:

1. How did you decide the height of the scrog net? Was it arbitrary, is it adjustable (do you have different lengths of PVC pipe for different heights)?

2. what cord are you using for the net? I think I read somewhere it’s fixed string. Have you considered using 1/8 bungee cord, so it’s stretchy/elastic?

Thanks for any tips/tricks/pointers you can share.

Love your grow!

4 Likes

I’d have to go check what height I decided on but basically I read what several others had done height wise and picked a number.

They are not adjustable. I didn’t really see a need for it

The screen itself is made from masonry string. I think it’s better than something bungee like. I don’t have to tie the branches to the string, the fact that it doesn’t give much, it holds the branches where I want them

10 Likes

Sorry to jump in but I’m in middle of my first scrog. When you harvest, do you cut The strings off the scrog? Or cut the buds out from The string? Thanks. I keep looking at it and I’m not real sure.

4 Likes

I set mine up so I can easily remove the string from one screw and just pull it all through. But if you can’t do that I would say, for drying purposes cut the string and keep the plant intact. Depends on how you plan to dry I guess

7 Likes

What do you do at harvest time @kaptain3d?

3 Likes

Usually I cut each branch individually and pull them out of my net. Or sometimes, I untie the net from the post (tie wrap) and carefully pull the net out before harvesting… :nerd_face:

5 Likes

@AfgVet - thank you! If you could give me a measurement “off the top of the soil” - that would be helpful to give me a starting place.

2 Likes

I’ll get it for you tomorrow morning.