RetiredSFC 1st Time Grower

So I got a little buzz and was going to talk a little about the new light. So with the old light you could see the different spectrums kinda like dark and light lines all the time. The new light transitions through the spectrums. One minute you have a red/purple tint then it slowly fades to a white tint then back red/purple. Never heard of a light doing that and thought it was pretty cool.

Raised it a few inches. Nodes looked like the were starting to get a little tight and want to make sure I’ve got enough stretch on my little indica autos to have some space after the lst and don’t want them getting too hot with the heat right now.

Gonna be amazed at the growth on the bastard child in the morning.

2 Likes

The clw lights run very hot I had a 500 I believe it was like 1200 BTUs had it in a 3X3 tent very nice results on the node spacing but it just ran too hot so I returned it and got some hlgs in the tents, are much cooler now those Cobb lights run very hot but they are nice just very hot for a tent

1 Like

@JJ520 Will be nice in the shop about October through May. Hopefully this one will be done around first of October and can get another started. Depending on how big the autos get this round, I have a lot of auto seeds I need to use. From what I’ve read I may be better off running about 6-8 autos in 3 gal pots in my 4x4 instead of 4 plants in 5 gal. :man_shrugging: don’t really want to start any photos before I learn a little off the autos. Hate to screw a plant up that takes so long to mature. The autos have more of that etch a sketch kinda feel if you know what I mean. My remaining auto choices are sour kush 3ea, super skunk 3ea, and critical purple 5ea. Thinking next round 3 kush and 3 skunk all in 3 gal pots start to finish. Once again this all dependant on how the footprint turns out this round. Considering most people that run 2x4 I’ve seen run 3 plants at a time.:man_shrugging:age I’m overthinking it.:rofl:

2 Likes

Well here we go with an update. Start off with the 3 afghan autos. All seem to be doing good. Since previous update I started watering the outside ring earlier than I planned based on @dbrn32 suggestion and it appears to start putting on some AG growth.

Hope the tint to the pics isn’t too bad, hey at least it’s not burpule.

And “The Bastard Child”. This thing is growing way faster than I expected. Fingers crossed its a little girl. Does look to have a little heat damage on a couple leaves but still looks good. It is starting to look like time to start some minor training. Give me suggestions FIM/LST/both. It should be a saliva and I got 6ft of height to play with in the tent not counting lights and what not.

Close up on what I believe is heat damage due to the heat wave the past few days.

Appreciate all the people following along and everyone’s input and tagging folks to help out.

STAY STICKY MY FRIENDS :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

4 Likes

That’s good!

1 Like

Grab your friends, neighbors, and family it’s time for an update.

Start off with the autos cause there really isn’t a whole lot to say about them. All 3 afghan and 1 looks kinda like a mutant. Got spotty yellowish over all the leaves as you can see below.

The other 2 seem to be doing good and starting to gain some size.

The “Bastard Child” has lived up to its reputation this week cause it has been tortured I feel. After the last update I gave it a little lean, next day it was all twisted up. Today it looks a little better had to do a little organizing but all in all between the heat and the trial lst seems to be doing pretty good.

That’s all for today.

STAY STICKY MY FRIENDS :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

This heat has been killer. This is not a dry heat, this is 80% humidity with pop up thunderstorm kinda heat an humidity. Good side I’m managing to keep my tent in the upper 80s with 65% humidity with lights on. Keep your fingers crossed for my garden.

2 Likes

We’re at 94 feels like 104…dew point 71 heat advisory since yesterday til Thursday where I’m at…stay safe and hydrate :sunglasses::facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

@grizZz feel your pain

That’s at 1700hrs.

3 Likes

Did make some adjustments and got my tent pretty stable at least, we’ll see after the lights come on in a bit.

Insulated duct into tent and added a 110 window ac unit to help out the little portable.

6 Likes

Nice work

2 Likes

Been kinda nasty here too.

2 Likes

Thank goodness :hot_face::hot_face:

2 Likes

11am :hot_face:

1 Like

Same :laughing:

1 Like

Here’s my auto bagseed bruh…she’s lovin it

2 Likes

Nice. My heat index today is 110+. At work so not able to watch my Temps today so hopefully the will be doing ok.

1 Like

Stay safe bruh :sunglasses::call_me_hand:t2: See ya round

1 Like

Be an update around 1900est for all those following. Heat has been brutal so it’s not real pretty.

3 Likes