RetiredSFC 1st Time Grower

Let’s hope so. If the mystery seeds turns out to be female, I’ll probably flip to 12/12 if it hasn’t flowered by the time the autos do.

2 Likes

Gotta zoom in a little but all 3 autos have lift off.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum Brother! old 82nd paratrooper here…Infantry leads the way…good luck with your grow im set to watch great bunch of people here all are very helpful

2 Likes

Mystery seed picked up some size overnight. Autos looking good with first leaf set starting to pop through. Gave them all a little drink, gonna be a hot and humid day so hopefully the little ac unit can keep up and manage to keep it in the mid 80s.

2 Likes

Mystery seed is really starting to take off.

Litte autos are coming along.

Been doing some research and I’m a little worried my little 240 watt led isn’t going to be enough for flower. Thinking of California light works or HLG. I’m leaning California light works solar extreme series which is a close to same price as hlg and a little more compact design. Same 3 year warranty. Anybody around that has used both?

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 coul you help him with light issues if possible sir.

1 Like

Hlg is the goto around here but personally I don’t think the difference in price matches the difference in performance same thing with those California lights maybe even more so. I’m a frugal person so I look at things differently

2 Likes

I used California light works solar extreme 500 in a 3X3 tent light seemed very good very tight notes spacing but it got very hot I like the hlg products more just my opinion better price range plus the solar extremes have some cheap Chinese diodes in them from what I could collect from California light works called to talk to them couldn’t get a straight answer so they’re top tech walked to the warehouse said the boxing said shins zin which I believe is King bright Shenzhen but not sure

1 Like

I.m.h.o and from my experience im running 2 hlg 300 r specs in a 6x8x4 tent and it is rockin!! I was advised by dbrn on here to use hlg I got the funds together and have never looked back and their customer service is great!

so here are my current plants a week ago at that point they were just over 2 weeks out of ground. as of today their leafs are bigger than my hand. and I believe its my lights that are making a big difference. before this i was only running 1 hlg 300 r spec and they were never this big. since installing the 2nd one which was really recently they are huge so take that for what its worth. maybe @dbrn32 could help out they are a light guru :smiley: hope this helps

3 Likes

heres a link to my 2nd grow journal check out tonights pictures at 3 weeks 1 day (if u want proof of hlg lights) not saying others arent as good but this is what they are doing for me and im happy with results its getch357 2nd grow journal

1 Like

I Love Growing Marijuana Forum by Robert Bergman hopefully this did it right im still trying to figure all the stuff out…lolol

nope, lol :slight_smile: I think when i did it, from “my last post” on my thread, i clicked on the hyperlink (like chainlinks) below by the “like” and “reply” in that line :wink:

even if it’s just to that last post i made, it gets them in the thread :wink:

1 Like

hopefully the one before this works…lolol i will get it eventually :thinking:

1 Like

you appear to have gotten it :+1:

1 Like

:smiley: :+1: great at least im learning a lil…lolol hey if i learn 1 thing a day im happy :crazy_face:

1 Like

@MeEasy @JJ520 @Getch357 thanks for the light info and I found your journal yesterday getch. Nice looking plants.

2 Likes

Anytime sir… I obviously don’t know you or your situation but my recommendation for lights would be hlg if you have the money to spend you wouldn’t be disappointed, but if you need to watch the dollars I would check out sonofarm their lights are nice much better priced have a 5 year warranty and they are a US company using Korean and Chinese parts like everyone else including hlg and California. There’s more smaller companies making lights to I like the new models vipar has can’t remember the model numbers but they’re a well known company. There’s to many to put em all. When looking for a light find the ppfd map it takes at least a ppfd of 500 to grow decent buds. Problem is it’s hard to trust that the map provided by them is accurate so if possible try to find a review from an independent source online or YouTube. I swear it’s harder to buy lighting than a new truck lol… hope this helps you good luck

3 Likes

I would second that if you can do it go with hlg I have seven of them and I’m very happy with the performance

1 Like

Hey @RetiredSFC I just received a message from Amazon that the xs series viparspectra lights are on lightning sale for 6 hours looks like a good deal… this is the 240w for $200 but all of em are on sale… I’m half tempted to buy a couple just for the price

2 Likes