Been reading and researching for a while and finally decided to give it a shot. Got tent set up in a shed in a hot and humid region.
Tent is 4x4x6 kit from bloomgrow with 6" inline fan and carbon filter. I didn’t really like the single outlet/inlet duct on the bottom so I flipped the tent upside down so I had 2 bottom ducts. Currently 2 fans blowing in the bottom ducts to help it stay manageable temp wise and single exhaust up top. Future plans include ducting my portable ac unit into the tent.
Light situation, see above.
Soil is a mixture of FF ocean and Jiffy organic layered ff on bottom for about 3" then 16 qt Jiffy and top layer 3" ff. In 5.5 gal pots from lowes. Each pot has six 1/2"x1/2" drainage holes at the bottom/sides.
Genetics wise, I have one bag seed of green Crack that I started as an experiment on July 8th just to learn a little while my seeds shipped. Figured it would give a little learning curve and if it turned out male it would just be trashed anyway. I can hear the boos coming but before I started reading here I purchased some auto afghan from GCS and to day those little girls were put in the same soil mixture.
This little unknown was dropped in the soil and given a misting 2 times a day. First mist right after the lights come on at 1800hrs and second when I wake up normally around 0800hrs. Lights are on from 1800-1200hrs. Light is currently 27" from top of the plant. My city water runs 6.2 so I fill a 2 gallon sprayer shake it up real good and let it set for 24-48 hours to let the Chem thin out (home distilling trick) water goes in around 6.0. Current tent temp during lights on 78-84 lights out 70-80 humidity averages between 30% on sunny days to 65% on heavy rain days but generally around 53%.
I feel like I’m forgetting something