RetiredSFC 1st Time Grower

Been reading and researching for a while and finally decided to give it a shot. Got tent set up in a shed in a hot and humid region.

Tent is 4x4x6 kit from bloomgrow with 6" inline fan and carbon filter. I didn’t really like the single outlet/inlet duct on the bottom so I flipped the tent upside down so I had 2 bottom ducts. Currently 2 fans blowing in the bottom ducts to help it stay manageable temp wise and single exhaust up top. Future plans include ducting my portable ac unit into the tent.

51yFe9B7h7L.AC_SY580

Light situation, see above.

Soil is a mixture of FF ocean and Jiffy organic layered ff on bottom for about 3" then 16 qt Jiffy and top layer 3" ff. In 5.5 gal pots from lowes. Each pot has six 1/2"x1/2" drainage holes at the bottom/sides.

Genetics wise, I have one bag seed of green Crack that I started as an experiment on July 8th just to learn a little while my seeds shipped. Figured it would give a little learning curve and if it turned out male it would just be trashed anyway. I can hear the boos coming but before I started reading here I purchased some auto afghan from GCS and to day those little girls were put in the same soil mixture.

This little unknown was dropped in the soil and given a misting 2 times a day. First mist right after the lights come on at 1800hrs and second when I wake up normally around 0800hrs. Lights are on from 1800-1200hrs. Light is currently 27" from top of the plant. My city water runs 6.2 so I fill a 2 gallon sprayer shake it up real good and let it set for 24-48 hours to let the Chem thin out (home distilling trick) water goes in around 6.0. Current tent temp during lights on 78-84 lights out 70-80 humidity averages between 30% on sunny days to 65% on heavy rain days but generally around 53%.

I feel like I’m forgetting something :confused:

9 Likes

Welcome to the Forum.

I know your situation cause mine is about the same. I don’t know how it’s effecting my plants but they seem ok. Crossing my fingers.

2 Likes

Hooah, welcome to the forum!!

4 Likes

Hoooah welcome brother former 2ID infantry leads the way :rofl:… Time 2 enjoy your life and heal your body

5 Likes

Hello @SilvaBack203 welcome to the neighborhood, I’m liking what I see and as for seeds you’ll get no judgment here well at least not outloud lol… only thing I heard that concerned me was that you spray your seedling, spraying is fine until you get into flower (I only spray right at lights out) but you have to be careful not to leave water on the leaves it acts like a magnifier and the light will burn the leaves. Good luck :+1:and I’m all set with my :popcorn::bubble_tea:ready to watch
tmp(3)

5 Likes

Welcome ,
looking good👍

1 Like

Oops :grimacing::face_with_hand_over_mouth: I clicked on the wrong @SilvaBack203 my above post was meant for @RetiredSFC not that you silva are not welcome but this one was for R Sargent

3 Likes

It’s alright and thank you. @MeEasy I have my own journal going on also my cherry just got popped :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Good luck with your garden

1 Like

Figured I’d post a little better pic. Broke soil July 11th.

7 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community we’re glad to have you.

3 Likes

4 Likes

And that was probably from some hot bird crap that propagated it, lol. True that though, Nature can make things work where you’d say “no way!” :smiley: Welcome to the forum SFC (Ret)

1 Like

Welcome and good luck with the grow

2 Likes

Thanks for the info @MeEasy. I’ve seen that mentioned a few times so I use a very small tip pump sprayer where I can get under its stretch. It takes a little while cause I have the pressure way down and basically spray as I’m pumping. Took a look through your journal and you have some nice buds.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! In az, you’ll find a prickley pear cactus growing in a palm tree. Or a creosote growing out of rock. I’ve seen prickly pear in rain gutters on roof lines. Nature makes us look like rookies

5 Likes

Got some decent growth on my mystery seed. Still waiting on my afghan autos to pop up.

4 Likes

Nice. From what I been reading autos do w e they want. I bet once it pops out it will just keep growing