Restarting first grow

Yep, no nutes for 4-5 weeks (for me) in ocean forest, just start adjusting your input water ph at every watering and the plants will do better/grow faster. Any idea what the tds or ppm is of the well water, if below 200 ppm, will probably want to get CalMag to supplement calcium and magnesium at some point.

2 Likes

To be honest I don’t even know or how to test.

What would you do? A ph flush or ph down and get them back on track?

I would flush with ph adjusted water to 6.5 until runoff is close to that at next watering. The plants are a bit stunted but correcting the ph will do wonders for them. If you can’t test the runoff ph then just run like 16 oz of water ph’d to 6.5 thru each cup, should be enough to bring ph down to a good level then make sure all future waterings are ph adjusted.

1 Like

Ph set to 6 and flushed.
My runoff tested at 6.2 before ph down

1 Like

@Hellraiser

Thanks for the help. They are starting to boom

2 Likes

@Hellraiser
I got a root sticking out the bottom of a photo cup.
At what point do I have to transplant?

When you look at that clear cup and it’s absolutely full of roots, not there yet.

I’d cut that root off, not doing any good outside of the soil. Do you not have drainage holes in the red cups? If you did, the air would normally air-prune the stray roots off, a good thing.

No holes in the red cups

So I think the restart is going well

@Hellraiser @GhostGrow
Using fox farm ocean soil. About 3 weeks in big pots.
Watering with a Ph level of 5.8-6.3 my runoff is 5.3.
Have not started nutrients yet. And will have questions.

Is this what to expect?
When should I top them?

3 Likes

Looks good. Id give them a maybe a week then top them. That way the tops are big enough to clone if your into that. Other than that i usually top at the 4th node

I’d bump the input water ph up to 6.5 (sweet spot for soil) which will bring your runoff ph up a bit as well.

I let them grow 5 or 6 nodes and then top above the 4th node.

1 Like

Average height is 8”. Sure I got more then 4 nodes.
Nodes are each new branch out?

1 Like

Yep, the nodes are where the branches come out of the main stem, usually 2 opposing branches per node.

Wil they stil grow up as well as out?

Yes, but they will grow more like a bush rather than a christmas tree, like these clones I topped a few weeks ago.

1 Like

@GhostGrow @Hellraiser @DB_Cooper @Dankloud
Ok it’s about time for nutrients this is what I got.

How much to start? Been told not to do the full amount. How often?

1 Like

I do 1/4 strength to start and see what they take. I alternate feedings so phd water one feed next will be with nutrients. And i go according to the plant. When dry i water. Stick your finger in soil until 2nd knuckle. If dry water if damp let go and check next day.

2 Likes

I would do the same.

1 Like