Request expert guidance on how to proceed

To clarify, the top of the colas start getting amber 1st. I normally see the greater amount of amber there. Make sure to check below that too. :+1:

1 Like

Got it.
@Newt and @GreenJewels, your advice is very helpful. Thank you.

2 Likes

Most welcome!

Last night I showed my wife the pics I posted above and remarked how I wish I could do better. She told me to hold her beer…
She took these which I think are great. And revealing. Looks like mostly cloudy? @Newt @GreenJewels
The first two were taken at the top of the bud.

A leaf I think in the center, but a cool picture

These were taken down the stem of the same cola

And one of a sugar leaf

1 Like

Wow! She has real trich picture talent! Todays weather report is mostly cloudy with a chance of increasing amber!

I’d have her take pics daily. I’d say you should start thinking about what kind of buzz you want. Have you seen this?

2 Likes

Thanks Newt.
That is a great little chart. I knew some of that, and was shooting for 30% amber. I may back off a bit and go for “just a little” amber.
A bit scary reading she may not have reached her full stink potential. She is very odoriferous. I was trying to pin her scent down. A hint of diesel I think; wife says burning rubber. Don’t know the variety, but her growth pattern is indica, right? So probably not Sour Diesel, etc, as they grow tall with lengthy stems, don’t they? Not sure what cultivar smells like burning rubber.
I have a new tent and an AC Infinity T6 coming. I think I will dry her in it. Drying is very stinky I read, I believe?

2 Likes

There are so very many strains and hybrids out there, that I’d just call it weed, and not worry about it! :rofl:

2 Likes

I’d say she’s the official trich checker, she’s a natural :grinning::v::green_heart:

1 Like

A few I took today with my iPhone. Sometimes flashed, sometimes not.

2 Likes

Day 68 of flower.
Yesterday fed Sally half strength 2 G FF Bloom and ChaChing as well as 2 ml Si and a few trace mineral drops in half tap/half dehumidifier water. In at 6.5/420, out 6.0/980. Still too much of something in the medium.
I know, I know. Should be water only according to most. I have a hard time starving the girl.
As I do not want to continually pester the same people, I posted trichrome pics last night looking for status opinions (going for cloudy with some amber) at

@Dman1969 responded with likely another week or so. I was thinking not there yet too. I just don’t want to blunder at this point :flushed: Thank you!
All input welcome.
Here are more from yesterday.

3 Likes

They are looking awesome :clap::+1::+1::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:
And I’m set to watching.

1 Like

I appreciate it. More eyes are good :eye:

1 Like

I think I week is just about right. On a side note, most of the studies I’ve read seem to indicate that flushing for the week or two doesn’t really have that much of an effect either way. However, nutrients cost money. So I’m now in the home stretch and on water only. Not sure if it was incidental or an affect, but on the next day AFTER the skipped feeding day, I noticed a pronounced ambering. I’m on day 52, and here’s an example:

2 Likes

Thank you Newt.
I watched a couple of videos on flushing and it was very interesting. Definitely food for thought.

Let me also say that you are going to be quite happy. You’ve grown what looks like it is going to be butt-kicking weed. If you were to harvest today, that would be a true statement. If you harvest in a week, it would be a true statement. If you go 2 weeks, still true. You just need to decide on the optimal time for you. Do you like you buzz speedier, or mellower, with some couch-lock. Do you want to be fully couch-locked? Life events can decide your chop timing as well. You need to devote a good amount of time to harvesting, as well as curing. So plan accordingly. You’ve hit a home run!

2 Likes

A couple more

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words Newt. And the knowledge. I’m going for a little couch lock, not a lot.

3 Likes

On another note, I am planning my second grow.
I managed to get permission to use the whole spare room, not just the closet.
I received an HLG 350r. Wow, is it impressive! I will put it in a 2x4 Gorilla Grow Tent for flowering and keep the 2.3x2.3 for veg and autos. Plan is veg 3 photos and one auto next, then move the photos out and leave the auto to finish in the 2.3.
Only thing with the new light is it does not look like I can easily mount the power supply outside the tent. Current tent I have the tent exhaust blowing on the power supply above the tent, keeping it cool. (Heat is the enemy of electronic devices, IMO).

1 Like

Can you position your carbon filter and exhaust so that it call pull the heat off the light as it pulls the tent air?

1 Like

That will be the goal. Still a couple weeks away from doing anything. Have to do some rearranging and we have a few other things going on.