Request expert guidance on how to proceed

Yes. In fact I’ll be harvesting on day 58.

1 Like

Your crop looks fantastic. You have to be a proud papa.

I’m certainly optimistic that they will smoke as good as they look. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Day 73 of flower.
Previously I mentioned how much I like the Govee thermo/hydrometer. It aided me tremendously in nailing down the grow room environment. (Love saying grow ROOM since I started in a grow CLOSET). My approach is to control the room. It required mucho dinero, but I think I got it… For now… Pulled an unused dehumidifier from the basement and purchased a portable aircon.
Now, that is all well and good, except now the weather is going to change drastically and I expect a different challenge. The aircon and dehumidifier will be pulled out in October and then most likely will have to add a humidifier. I anticipate it will be easier, but I may be surprised.
The dehumidifier is old and the control is a simple rheostat. Yesterday I decided since fall is here and the graph indicated the humidity was dropping into the 30s (not ideal, I understand), and the dehumidifier had been running continuously. So, I turned the rheostat about 30 degrees CCW. Later in the afternoon I looked at the Govee readings on my phone and saw a correction was needed.
It is obvious in the graph when the dehumidifier switched off. Temp dropped and humidity ramped up, both precipitously.
I like it…

1 Like

My approach is to control the room to control the tent. The Govee is in the tent.

Flower day 73. Photos from my iPhone and digital scope.
Last 3 days temp 69-80F, ave 74; RH 39-51, ave 45.
Anticipation…

4 Likes

Looking tasty brother!!!

Thank you very much, @OldGypsy. What do your eyes say? Still unsure of mine. Do you see mostly cloudy with no or almost no amber?
I very much enjoy your journals. The first was freaking incredible.

2 Likes

Thank you @jd77
They look pretty good to me. Definitely see a lot of cloudy in there. Personal preference. I think it’d make some damn good smoke at this point. :heart_eyes::fire:

1 Like

I agree with @OldGypsy, it’s getting very close. If it were me, I’d give it about 3-4 more days of light, then 2 days of dark, and chop. That said, I don’t want too much couch-lock, you are certainly in choose your buzz, time frame. They look great. Well done.

3 Likes

Harvesting tomorrow.

2 Likes

Congratulations :balloon::champagne::confetti_ball::tada: Gonna be some fire :fire: smoke :dash:! :sunglasses::+1::+1::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

@OldGypsy @Dman1969 @Newt
Your words, wisdom, and guidance are very much appreciated. Thank you.
OK, here we go. Harvest Tuesday night. I know this may sound ridiculous, but right now I am saddened at the prospect. But, no presidential pardons for this girl. I can’t keep her as a pet. Have to do it.
Time to medicate, eh?

3 Likes

Brother it breaks my heart every chop!

2 Likes

If I had all my ducks in a row, I would already have my next grow started.
What a journey this has been. Started the seed (fell out of a bud I was breaking up last winter) as a lark, then she seduced me and I am hooked. Just glad my wife isn’t jealous.
Bought her a tent in June. Now I have two tents, fully outfitted.
Went crazy ordering seeds. I have enough on hand and in transit to last a while. (Probably many of you reading this are in the same boat :laughing:)
My thinking the last week was to start an auto and a couple of phenos in the original tent while Sally dries in the new tent, but the auto seeds are in transit.
Seeds on hand, all photo:
LSD from Barney’s Farm
Blue Cheese from Expert Seeds
Blueberry from Seedsman
White Widow from Seedsman
Expecting soon:
GSC & White Widow Auto from Nirvana
Also shipped:
Aurora Indica Auto from Nirvana
Critical Auto from Gold Label
Moroccan Beldia photo from Nirvana
If I had all of the above in hand, I would go with Aurora Indica Auto and LSD.
Bottom line: my plans always change, so next week if I think the time is right to get started, I will make my mind up then. I have always been a spur of the moment guy. Not the best at planning. Or at least, my plans are generally fluid.
Thank you all again!
I think I will go medicate my blues…

2 Likes

I won’t be surprised if you have a post a couple hours from now showing the seeds you just dropped!

Lol :joy:
@skippyisnohippy
Most likely, if I didn’t have so much time critical stuff going on right now it would’ve happened already.

1 Like

Good morning all!
Thinking ahead to the harvest Tuesday night. I am fortunate, the timing is good for the drying, weather-wise. Fall is here and the humidity is gone. My research says the first 24-48 hours are critical, that humidity can get crazy, but maybe that is only if the harvest is multiple plants. Sally all by herself may not be a problem.
My goal is slow drying, going for two weeks or more. Probably tough to do, as the fellow advocating it says 60/60/16 - 60F, 60RH, 16 days. At that point he said they are cured. I think it will be very tough to maintain, as I will have to use outside air to get down to 60F, and I am not sure how odoriferous she will be while drying. Even in a tent with a carbon filter in a closed room, her scent occupies the entire floor of the house. I think I heard the aroma can be very potent the first couple of days of drying. Regardless, I will do my best. I am estimating the portable AC and the dehumidifier will be running all out initially, then at some point I will have to add humidity. All SWAGs on my part. We shall see…
I will be drying in a tent. I was planning to use the new GG tent, but I may not have it set up yet.
Though permission was granted to come out of the closet and use the entire room, I have a lot of work to do. I have to get rid of some items and rearrange a different room and move almost everything from the grow room into it. Then clean and set up.
Not complaining. I am excited to get it going :grinning:

1 Like

Day 77 of flower.
Ladies and gents, Sally got a reprieve. Schooling by @Newt last night made me reconsider. And I reread what @GreenJewels posted above around #140. Looked her over again with a loupe, and I am not seeing amber on the top of the colas or much on the sides. Wife will be back tonight and hopefully she can get some more pictures. Also, I was watching harvest/dry/cure videos and there’s one guy, name escapes me, says “we” all harvest too soon. He says when you think it is time, close the tent and wait two more weeks. He contends almost everyone harvests too soon.
I know an earlier harvest is generally more cerebral, later is couch lock, and everyone has their preference. I hope to lean toward couch lock. Need help sleeping, but this may not help so much, as she is flowering for so long and based on that Newt posited she most likely is Sativa. I thought she was Indica based on her growth characteristics.
We shall see, just don’t know when.

2 Likes

Just a note or two regarding harvesting - for whenever that time comes.

1. If you plan to wet trim (as I think most folks do) plan to spend 2-3 times as long as you think it will. My 2 plants took me 12 hours from first cut to final hanging to dry.

2. Plan to get comfortable. I found standing made the job easier on my lower back, but harder on my shoulders, so I alternated.

3. Plan for a break every hour or so, and change gloves every break - they will get very sticky. Put your gloves inside out in the freezer. You can get a lot of that stuff off to add to your favorite bowl or blunt. Get off what you can turn them back inside out, re-freeze and repeat. I’m about to go back for my 3rd removal of sticky goodness. But it comes off way easier when it is frozen, so you only have a few minutes per glove.

4. I used a scalpel to scrape that same sticky goodness from my scissors, before cleaning them each time. Right into a small glass dish. I smoked a lot of this while I was trimming. I just dropped in on top of a bowl of good weed. I was very stoned, which may have contributed to the time spent.

Good luck, Happy Growing, and most importantly happy harvesting, curing, then enjoying!

2 Likes