Request assistance

Hello all,
First time grower. Using ILGM autoflower White Widow and Gorilla Glue. I have only managed about 50% survival during germination and transplant, but seem to be up and going now. I test for hydration and ph but I have significant yellowing. I am in soil and was told nutes would not be necessary as the soil is nutritious.
The taller plants are approaching the light. Should I top or tie down? I think my temps are consistently in 70 to 80° range but not sure how to create a log with the thermometer I have. There taller plants are 7 weeks and some are obviously younger. Advice please!!!

1 Like

looking good… a little low on nitrogen maybe… but that late in flower it isnt a real concern anymore…

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

How about a few particulars of your grow. What soil precisely? What nutrients (if any) added? How are you measuring PH and TDS? Have you done a runoff TDS?

2 Likes

What soil are you using? If organic, nutes aren’t needed for the first 3-4 weeks. After that, you’d need to add them. Based on the fact these are flowering, I’d say you’re further along than that. Time for nutes.

Since they’re flowering, it’s too late to top. You can tie the tops down, yes. Won’t hurt it.

1 Like

Coast of Msine is the name of the soil. Will confirm shortly. Bo added notes so far. Using a 3 way tester for ph and hydrometer. Watering with distilled water. Not sure what TDS is.
I think I provided all the above requested data points I original post, but please let me know if I’ve missed any.
No CO2.
Thanks to all.

No added notes not Bo added notes fuac

If it’s a dual probe soil meter with a dial: worthless.

This is more in line with what to use:

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8/?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/TDS-Water-Quality-Tester-Temperature/dp/B07GNMY8ZH/?tag=greenrel-20

Um, no. Please fill it out as best you can. That way people trying to help aren’t searching posts for it. Thank you.

I understand that is good soil for cannabis

3 Likes

I use COM as well. Definitely need to add nutes once flowering. You need to measure tds to see when and how much to add. I’m using dry nutes all-in-one from megacrop. Only second grow so can’t be sure about the impacts and results.

Continued success.

1 Like
  1. White Widow Auto fem seeds from ilgm, gorilla glue auto fem ILGM, Sprouting 2 Granddaddy purp auto fem ILGM
  2. Soil
  3. Cloth Buckets
  4. Distilled Water soil tests at 6 to 6.5
  5. Don’t know
  6. Indoor
  7. Nextlight Mega
  8. Temp 70 to 80 I have a thermometer but cant operate it effectively
  9. Don’t know ambient humidity
    10)Phat filter 10"
    11)AC and heat no dehumidifier
  10. thought hard about CO2 but as a rook I’m trying to KISS

Seems to be consensus that i need nutrients I have no idea how to do that but if y’all would recommend products i will learn. I layed the taller plants down and possibly damaged one.
Not too bright.
I have an inferiority complex but its not a very good one…

2 Likes

Thanks for the links on the soil tester. Its on the way.

Some of it is. I have experience with this brand.

There’s several different “blends”. Knowing which one you’ve used is helpful. Stonington Blend is specifically recommended for cannabis by the manufacturer

Also knowing that it’s coast of Maine tells us it’s an organic soil blend and all of their blends have a good dose of calcium in them from all that Maine lobster compost they use. It’s good.

2 Likes

Just to be clear if you haven’t added any additional fertilizers you are growing in soil. It’s organic soil right now but you are at the crossroads where you decide If you keep it OG and use organic fertilizers or buy some salt based ferts like Fox Farms.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like

PH and TDS tester ordered. Be here Monday. I understand I need to test the runoff and use those readings to purchase and apply the proper nutrients. Can’t thank you all enough!!!

2 Likes

So much to learn. Thanks. Is organic a value add?

It is Stonington blend. Thanks

2 Likes

This fairly good light, should have plants jamming pretty well. Would be in line with expectations that you have depleted nutrients in soil. Based on where your plants are at i would say the soil held up pretty well though.

That depends on your customers.
But it is definetly a quality add.

also…I heard you dont have to worry about TDS... it is my first grow, i dont have a TDS meter and didn`t run into any issues so far

If you wanna stick with organic you can top dress with about a half inch of this stuff and scratch into into the soil and then water really well

I think most would agree that those plans could stand an immediate shot of some liquid fertilizer as well. Just to give them a boost and green them up a bit. Coast of Maine makes several liquid fertilizers as well and you just want to do an application or two of maybe there’s squid fertilizer which has some nitrogen in it. Whatever you decide to use just go with some kind of liquid fertilizer that has a good dose of nitrogen in it. I usually keep Neptunes harvest fish fertilizer on hand for this kind of thing. It gives a good quick shot of nitrogen and since you are in organic soil you don’t have to worry that it’s fairly acidic

Of course this is all if you want to keep it organic. You could very easily just go out and buy a bottle of Fox Farm’s big bloom and a bottle of Fox Farm’s grow big and just hit it with a dose of grow big or two to green it up and then pump it with the big bloom through the end of harvest.

Personally I would keep it organic, it will probably yield slightly less than if you went with salts but in my opinion that fits best with your KISS principle.

Call for future grows you don’t need to abandon that coast of Maine Stonington blend. It’s really good stuff and you’re seeing the results of that because you’ve got plans that grew up pretty nice and big. They’re just hungry now. If you read the literature on that Stonington blend it tells you approximately how long you can expect your plant to go without needing additional fertilizers based on the container size that you’re using. I’m working from memory here but It’s about 3 to 4 weeks per gallon of soil.

3 Likes

@Deez I’m glad you weighed in; never really considered the organic aspect of soil growing.

This particular grow may be too late to get help for the plants in time, but if growing in living soil is attractive to you; there are a number of good growers here who practice soil and organic growing.

For salt-based nutrients, hard to beat good old General Hydroponics. I’m currently using Jack’s (like it seems everyone else is haha) but not sure what you have available to you locally.

Good that you got PH meter and TDS meter: would suggest purchasing calibration and storage solution as the small bottles that come with the Apera won’t last very long. TDS meter likely won’t need to be calibrated.

When you are ready to test runoff here’s the process: do your normal watering using R/O or distilled as you have been and water in slowly. Once you reach saturation, continue to water an additional 10 to 20% of that volume. Allow all but about the last 10% of the runoff to drain away and you test that final amount for both PH and TDS. Tag me when you have numbers and we’ll see where you are.

I would recommend cal mag, and if going with salt-based nutes: GH Grow, Micro and Bloom. You will also need some PH up and down.

3 Likes