Repot? New grower

I currently only have a single 2” LED kind bar light, but am in the process of receiving an HLG 260W XL V2 Rspec to try and maximize and save this little guy. Didn’t realize my light wasn’t strong enough until after growth started. Curious if I should repot in a 2, 3 or 5 gallon smart pot? Also wondering how much my light delay will affect my yield in the end? I am in a 2x4 GGT using FFOF with the FF nutes- on day 31 already doesn’t seem too big

1 Like

Hi there that’s a nice plant, not bad for a month. Not pushing limits but not sick either.
With the better light yeah if you can up-pot without hurting roots, I dont know because I never transplanted with fabric pots. Anybody?
People on here have good plants in 2gal but go for 5gal, less maintenance, more roots. Is that a autoflower or photo, a photo that lives four or five months yes go big.

2 Likes

Just set that fabric pot in a larger one. Roots grow right through and the plant thrives. No shock at all.
Here is an after harvest pic of one I did with the roots showing how they grew.

I only set it in a couple inches. You can set as deep as you want. I had the room above so I didnt go too deep. If going deeper just use a bigger/wider bag.

2 Likes

Yeah forgot that detail, I’m growing a feminized blue haze!! Probably not the most ideal for first grow ever but I’m here for the challenge now

1 Like

Photos are actually easier. You chose wisely.
Your plant looks perfect for its age. With more light it will do great. No worries about the plant at present. Its gonna take off soon and outgrow the abilities of the single bar light. Sounds like you have that covered tho.
If you can set that plant into a 5gal fabric pot it should be perfect. That’s what my pic was. A one gallon set into a 5. The plant produced a little over 8 ounces dry.

3 Likes

you doubled my best ever indoor plant at 4oz! It was hashplant in 5gal pail with hps lights.
Haze’s grow tall I think. Be ready to learn about training, lotsa grows on this site

2 Likes