Repot added light need help

I have put plants in their final home. I added another HLG QB 260.Now my Temps are way high and humidity to low. What is my best way to get back in control ? What height should I be with the lights? What signs do you look for for to close or to far?

2 Likes

Isn’t your light dimmable?

Redo your electrical inside the tent.

Run your drivers outside your tent to produce less heat.

All power strips and any thing else electrical you can move outside of the tent do that also

A 6” fresh air intake and a 6” exhaust system would help also if you do have that in place already

1 Like

You can turn down the power. I need to do that. What are the signs to look for for determining height of light from plants. Got my exhaust running now and it has helped a lot. Don’t know how to get humidity up got humidifier running full blast dust exhaust pulls most out.

They don’t need a tremendous amount of light in veg. I’ve got a 104w bridgelux strip light in a 2’x4’ tent and it’s doing a great job with the 2 plants in there. So turn your light down.

What size tent?

As noted above, put the driver outside the tent. They put a lot of heat out as well.

Is your intake on the bottom, and exhaust at the top?

The higher the heat the more water it takes to increase Rh. So if you can get the heat down, the rh should get better.

3 Likes

I have a 4x4 tent. I will turn them down. I have a post in lights asking if I can use the same wire to go 8 ft or so without drop in power. Wire I’m talking about looks like phone wire

You could probably turn one of the Qb 260’s off. The other you could turn half to all the way down, and hang 14”-16” above the plants. But eventually, when they’re flowering, you’ll have both lights cranked and have heat issues again.

If you have the same phone cable as I do it’s too small for that current.

1 Like

I wouldn’t use phone wire. Told from post in lights that Ineed 300 volt hookup wire.

Dang re wire drivers… Maybe I should do this.

You want to learn about DFI, HLG has a guide basically get a lux meter on your phone and follow the guide keeping your timer in mind.
It’s best to learn this now because otherwise you will just always have to ask for light strength /height advice. I’m just getting off bugging our guru for this to haha.

Back to what the others asked, is your exhaust fan at the top and your intake on the bottom is open for fresh air?
Do you have at least 2 clip fans moving air?
Get a larger humidfior. The amazon ultrasonic 6L ones caught my eye it does cool and warm misting as well as the ultrasonic prevents bacteria Amazon.com

I have turned one off and turned the other down to about half. Seems like enough for veg. Lights are about 18" from plants. Temps and rh under control. Still going to move power supply outside. Should I think about trimming the bottom leaves or toppling? Thanks for all your help!!

1 Like

Where is the thread where you were getting schooled? I would like to read it.

Haha schooled… Well idk about schooled but we are all always learning and having challenges.

As far as your plant goes you don’t want to really trim until nearing the end of Veg

Yeah if he dont have exhaust that’s probably the issue my QBs add little to now heat but I run my exhaust all the time.

@jcasey you’ll want to fim on 5-7 branch structure from the base then every 3-5 after for two more times.

This will create a small Bush to go into flower with

I’m also curious about how your intake and exhaust are setup? When you say temps are too high, how high is that exactly?

I have an exhaust fan is top hole an d passive air thru the bottom. The temps with both lights were around 95 and the rh around 30. I have turned one light off and turned it down a little. Everything good now. Will work to get things right for flower time.

Not running the exhaust fan and Temps around 80 and rh 70 or so. Light turned down to about 2/3. You think that will be enough?

Here’s what they look like now.

Ideally your canopy temps should be in low 80’s. Not sure why you’re not running exhaust, but you want to have air exchange to replenish co2.

1 Like