Remove fan leaves during flowering?

Hey people i was wondering my girl a white widow auto fem .the pistils are getting brown maybe 25% I’ll check tricones when i return home this evening what I’m wondering if removing some fan leaves might be helpful or harmful

I do not remove them if they are healthy. I do tuck them out of the way if the are obstructing light…

3 Likes

Harmful. Those leaves are going to supply your buds with food in the last few weeks of life. Leave them on and remove only the dead ones.

1 Like

Ok and as for adding nutes to dwc when should one stop and use only straight water?

1 Like

I’m not a hydro guy but for soil it’s 2 weeks out from harvest so the plant uses up all the remaining nutes. But with hydro I’m sure it’s shorter. Wish I knew who to tag in on this. @Myfriendis410 who are the good hydro guys?

@Screwauger might be able to answer

Thanks @Daddy

I do not remove them. These are my first autos I am growing now. As a general rule, if the leaf is not dead or nearly dead I leave it. If touching i causes it to fall off, take it. My approach to these auto’s is do nothing. I am doing gentle LST to open up the center and my instincts are to “clean up” the bottom area of leaves etc but I am not going to as a test.

Many people do remove them and if you decide to the goal would be to not stress her. One or two a day maybe but I am speculating, I wouldn’t do it. I tuck leaves every day.

I only have used a “passive hydro” but in all of the coco journals (passive hydro) I read, 11 days seemed to be the norm. That is what I am going to shoot for.

@garrigan62 @Hogmaster @Donaldj might have more to say. @Gman753

1 Like

@garrigan62, @Niala

1 Like

Can you put some pictures up ?