Remember the gremlims...bright light bright light!

Thanks @MattyBear, I am going to switch to hard water and ph it. But that makes a lot of sense. It’s like @Covertgrower said, “ I have to be Johnny on the spot with the watering.” Lol those were his words . I think it was him who said that…good choice of words I thought. Thank you for the words of encouragement and help @MattyBear. It’s always hard to know exactly what your doing when you live in a information society :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Yep, just leave it you’re doing good. I still recommend a dome for the seedling. Better safe than sorry.
I don’t know I’m guilty of forgetting to water. Lol I’m my own worst enemy.

3 Likes

Do you know how many advertised watts the light is? That will help any sticker anywhere on the light I’m sure there is one.

Do you have a TDS meter as well? I haven’t ever measured soft water but I woild check your hard and soft water see Wich is the lowest tds/ppm and then use thst and PH from there.
You still need to PH distilled water, I imagine RO water is cheaper at one of those jug filling places worst case, PH that as well. Yes your PH range is right here is a better look.

2 Likes

Lol @Covertgrower aren’t we all at times. Ok, I’ll put the dimes back on I’ll just take them off once there hitting the top of the solo cup. Thanks for that chart @Nicky. I do have a tds meter. My soft water was 105 ppm I haven’t checked the hard water yet. I filled a 5 gal bucket w hard water from outside and I’m going to let sit for 24hrs like you said and then I’ll ph it according to that chart you sent me. Hey for reals…all you guys are a blessing. Thank you! And as for the lights @Nicky, there’s nothing on them just the name bestva. But I did instal that lux app on my phone. Thanks again and don’t worry everyone…you will be hearing from me again lol. Cheers

3 Likes

Well let us know the lux reading from the pot top and we will go from there

2 Likes

If I’m using that app right in the center strait down from the light to the top of the pot bounces from 340-345

1 Like

Hello, I really like my Bestva similar to yours except longer and 4 instead of 3 fans on top. I don’t put my seedlings in their forever 5 gal bucket till they become root bound in my peat pots I starr my seeds in, but you should be good just be careful. What type of dirt are you using

1 Like

@Amazon66, I’m using fox farm happy frog. Yes I’ve seen your light when I did a web search. I just can’t find mine. What is the wattage on yours and what is the actual power draw? I would have started mine in solo cups too but w autos I’ve watched videos and read that since there cycle is so short and they grow fast it’s best to start them in their final pot and not to top or prune them just maybe some low stress training but I’m just a newbie and this is my first grow so it’s not like I can say that my advice is credible :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

I’ve never done autos but when ordering my light says 2000 but don’t know what actual is, says it covers 6 plants?? Actually my hubby said that but I also used last grow and liked them. I start my seedlings in a peat pot when it root bound I peel off peat pot and put in 5 gal containers. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m also also in Happy Frog and haven’t had to put anything in water till flowering then I use fox farm trio and sledge hammer sludge to flush. I love their products.

1 Like

Yes they seem like a reputable brand. I’m doing autos as I’m kinda crunched for time. These autos are only supposed to be 8 weeks to finish flowering is what my understanding is so that’s fast. I’ve never grown before so I’m excited to see a tent in full flower. I think I will stick w the fox farm brand but I am using roots organic for my fertilizer. Thought I would try to be organic…well c how it goes🙂

1 Like

And so far the lights have been working great! Sounds like bestva is a good brand of grow lights…so far so good :+1:

1 Like

Hey Bakerschoice. Like @Nicky said all light wattage is different. My lights actually came with a guide for different distances for the different life and light cycles. Very cool chart @Nicky,+1 . I actually have a seedling right now that is just a smaller grower. I have heard that some strains just have a different growth rate than others as well. I honestly think they look fine! If there is one piece of advice I would give is to water from outside in and leave a few inches away from the stem so that the roots will have to seek out the water a bit. Keep it up and they will come along fine! :grinning:

3 Likes

@Nicky @Covertgrower @Bakerschoice . Im going to be transplanting my other three seedlings tomorrow, come check them out if you want! Im actually wondering if mine don’t need stretched a bit…thinking my lights might actually be a bit too low.

2 Likes

You won’t need fertilizer if you are in Happy Frog during veg either I just use the nutes the feeding schedule calls for and nothing else, I’m afraid I’ll give them nute burn. I’ve asked if autos were faster and was told not always flowering can be 8 ,10 or even 11 weeks just depends on each plant. I’m not saying I know this is right since I don’t do autos but I try to listen and ask questions. :blush: I like photos so I can veg as long as I want so I can grow big buds. :grin:

1 Like

I was told that if you like long, big buds keep nodes close together but if you want more smaller buds stretch your nodes further apart by raising light. I like a squatty, phat plant with big buds so I keep my seedlings close to light. You just have to keep close watch on plants cause different lights can also be affected by color of walls if not in tent.

3 Likes

I always grow tight nodes, you can follow along I just started.

3 Likes

I grow sativa dominate plants, since I’m retired I smoke thru day and night and like to smoke but still be motivated to get things done and go places to shop. Right now I’ve got a ILGM super silver haze and I’ll help my husband with his indica clones, he likes couch lock pot all the time. :grin:

3 Likes

I like BlackBerry Kush to mess me up and put me to sleep when I slow down and also cindy 99 .Happy Growing

3 Likes

We are growing lemon AK this round and NL so I hope the lemon ak is a good daytime smoke so we can still do things.

2 Likes