Remember the gremlims...bright light bright light!

Hey everyone, I’m so new at this I’m just barely set behind the ears. Well I have a 8’*4’ set up and I’m soaking my seeds right now. I’m growing auto flowers so I’m using 3 gallon fabric pots and my questions is…I only have my led lights. They are 1500 ways but true wattage I’m sure they are under 300 more like 200 actual wattage draw with only one switch to turn them on. So for the seedlings when I put them in the soil when they get their tails, can I use my led lights because I don’t have the cfl or florescent lights. They do not get very hot at all brainwave fans built into them and I have a clip can On top and front and below to circulate heat or to help w it. If I can use the led to germinate how far away should the light be? I’ve heard 4 6 or even 2 inches. Any help would be awesome! Happy growing!

1 Like

Can you post the wattage of your light? Or link?
Model depending it’s 18-24” usually and dimmed. But I’m not sure with out the model.
If you need us just @Covertgrower
Welcome to ILGM! :seedling:

4 Likes

I agree. Some larger fixtures recommend 36" even. Just need to know which you have. Welcome to ILGM! :v:

2 Likes

I got my equipment used as trying to get everything set can be quite spendy. I’ve tried looking for a model # on the light and cannot find one. I’ll send pictures so maybe I might be able to find it and to the other gentleman who replied thank you for welcoming me I really appreciate it my friends :grinning:. He either said they were 1500w or 2000w but the first time I met the person they said 1500 and the second time they said 2000 so who knows what it is or maybe less. Maybe if u see the pictures u might do better finding it then me. The light is 8" tall 15 1\2" long and about 3" wide. Each light has 3 fans built into it and it says bestva not on the side of it but on its face . Thanks for all the help.

On and I cannot dim it it just has the one switch to turn it on. I’m kind of in a pickle because I started soaking my seeds in water last night.

1 Like

I believe the actual draw is 250W.
24” will work for that.

4 Likes

Thank you for the welcome my friend. I posted some pictures and some for info on the lights if I get a chance to look at the posts. There either 1500w or 2000w but a led. Looks like a cheap version of the bestva grow light maybe dc s series. So if I keep the 18-24 or 36 inches away for the seedlings…when do I lower them closer and how close? Thanks :blush::v:

1 Like

So for seedlings keep it 24" away and when do I bring it closer and how close?

1 Like

Covert G your a life saver…anxiety way down lol :grinning::facepunch:

1 Like

Just keep it there for right now, you just don’t want the seedling to stretch too far. Anytime!

2 Likes

That’s for the bestva lights and that mught be 2000 w the 1500 dont have daisy chain options

2 Likes

Great advice so far! I’d start the seedlings around 30” from the light and then you can lower it if they stretch too much. Having it too low can burn or stunt your seedlings :v::bear:

2 Likes

Welcome to forum I’ve only been trying to grow for about a year but my last grow was a success. I can’t answer all questions but we can tag people that do. If you need anything I’m @Amazon66.:sun_with_face:

1 Like

Those are probably somewhere around 400 watts if they’re the 2000w model, just from a quick search. The others gave great advice…maybe google what light stress, versus stretching looks like, and you’ll get an idea, ahead of time.

@Covertgrower, @Amazon66, @elheffe702, @MattyBear, @Dushin91, @nobo77, @Nicky

Hello everyone, at midnight tonight these little ladies will be 4 days old. With the led lights I have as seen in the post I have them 30” away. I’ve been watering them sparingly twice a day. I’ve been keeping the temp around 72-75 and the rh about the same. They have sprouted as you can see but they look very small. Should I lower the lights maybe to 24 or 26’’? Should I incorporate some CO2 into my grow tent which is 8 by 4 in a bedroom where I have to keep the door closed to keep my cats out. Or do they look fine and I should keep everything as it is? @nobo77, yours looked a lot bigger than mine after your 4 days? Any help would be appreciated. Hope everyone is enjoying there Sunday. God bless you all.

1 Like

Oh and they are auto flowers and I have been leaving the lights on 24/7.

1 Like

And have been only using distilled water

1 Like

Get a LUX meter app and measure your lux, what light are you using?
Light height doesn’t matter, every light has different strengths at different heights so it’s one one piece of a puzzle.

Distilled water is extremely expensive over time, you have a PH meter and are checking the PH of the distilled water yes?
Just ph normal water after its sat out for 24hr to allow chlorine to evaporate and the water to warm to room temp.
No use for co2 yet and I would say do not use it on your first grow it can be dangerous and I think it’s a better idea to get a grip on growing before you start worrying about co2

1 Like

Thank you @Nicky, if u scroll up on this post you will see my light it’s a bestva but I can’t find the model # on it ( I bought the light used from a friend) so it’s been a guessing game. I’ve been told that I didn’t have to ph distilled water but I will now. U want it between 6.4-6.8 right? The reason I use distilled water is because in my house I have a water softener and there is no bypass on it. I’m waiting u till the temp goes up so I can get water from my spikets outside of my house. Thank you for the help. I won’t look into the co2.

1 Like

Looks good to me. When you plant a seed in its final pot, it will take some time for the roots to grow and your plant will appear to stall out with growth above ground. Keep doing what you’ve been doing and make sure not to overwater :v::bear:

3 Likes