Rekindle of an old love

I’ve grown in Bcuzz never in hydro. Also only grown from clone, never grown an autoflower. I decided to try a DWC bubble bucket system. Using advanced nutes a mars ts3000 in a mars 5x5 tent. Using an xfinity 6" with carbon filter, ILGM Girl Scout Cookie Extreme Auto seeds. Only 2 of 17 seeds so far lived. The one I’m worried about is 6 weeks from seed.

any help, or suggestions would be appreciated. Been out of the game for a decade or so. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums. You’ll learn more here in an afternoon of reading than you’ll know what to do with. I’m not a hydro grower so I have no answer to your problem. I’m strictly a
soil guy.

Someone with hydro knowledge will jump in eventually. When they do, you could help them out by filling out this trouble shooting ticket.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No
1 Like
  • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed ILGM Girl Scout Cookie Extreme Auto
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF DWC Bubble Buckets
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths 5 Gallon buckets with hydrostones
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) ph 5.5 - 6ish
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable not sure 660?
  • Indoor or Outdoor indoor 5x5 mars tent
  • Light system Mars TS3000
  • Temps; Day, Night day 77-82 night 65-75 ish
  • Humidity; Day, Night 20%
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, not yet
  • Co2; Yes, No no
    [/quote]

Got any specific questions you wanna ask… if I dont know I know some who does :v::sunglasses:

Yes sir, and thanks for replying . I’m concerned that my buds look very sparse. I would expect more density at almost 6 weeks. Does she look healthy? Any deficiencies that you can see? Is the light too close? Any other tips or ideas are welcomed. Again my first endeavor with hydro, and first auto. Lots of learning opportunities for me I’m sure.

How high above is the light … looks like a mars ts3000 about 18 inches is good… this is y ppl top plants see how most of your pmbuds are lower then the big one on top… if you would have cut the top off before flower that energy would he dispersed into those muultiplenlower buds making them all bigger and the canopy more flat allowing you to get light to all the buds more evenly instead of the top getting blasted and the lowers being to far… at 6 weeks you mean 6 weeks old total from seed or 6 weeks in flower because you say there autos… when do you consider flowering to start onna auto because they do there own thing you have to look for a physical change you look like your at week 4.5 to 5.5 from flower which would make sence on sparceness… and also last 3 weeks of flower is when they bulk and put on weight so be patient even if your at week 6 they might want to go to week 9 or 10… when they say it’s an 8 week strain its I weeks of flower after they convert from veg to flowering… and they dont count the strech period really as flowering in most breeders… so it’s hard to say exactly your at week 6 with an auto… they’ll be ready when there ready… being impatient and cutting down a week early will greatly reduce quality and over almost weight …and will be dissapointing… I’d rather push to long the not long enough

2 Likes

At a third glance you look to be about week 4 of flower…if that… so sit back and relax you got some time

So her total age from seed crack is 6 weeks. And I will be patient, lol, as hard as it may be. I appreciate your time and help. And its a ts3000 mars at about 12"
I think she likes it there cause when I raise it she stretches ?

She streched because she was in preflower stretch… she will not grow vertically anymore … I’d say your about good there but dont get any closer can have negative effects… but yea you’ll be good your about week 3.5 to 4 of flower

1 Like

Any suggestions on nutes, feeding? Using advanced nutrients perfect ph 3 part+ the buckets hold about 2 gallons of water and I add botanicaire hydroguard at 2ml per gallon I’ve been following the feed chart on their site. I’ve read that you should use about 1/2 strength with autos, however I’ve also read that GSCE is a heavy eater??? Just wondering. Thanks again!!!

I push nutes till I burn tips a tiny bit and dial back a touch… as they get bigger they can tolerate more food… dont sit at one level push till they punch back… advanced ph perfect is good stuff used lots of there stuff …bever the 3 part but alot of amendments kinda expensive all those bottles… I settled with emerald harvest full line its really really good stuff I run max strength with 0 burn 0 deficency

1 Like

I decided to start small

Are there any suggestions for or against pouring water diluted nutes through the hydrostones? So I dont have to lift her between feeds. Shes starting to drink allot.

I was also wondering if top-offs should be just water or nute mix?
She seems to drink 1/2 bucket every 3 days or so. Thinking about keeping top off in fridge to keep temps down?

4 Likes

That’s one impressive cola! You have a monster there. :call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Thank You.

Did you do anything to make her grow like that, or just let her go naturally?

Just a lil LST I tied her side branches down a bit before her stretch

1 Like

Does she look weird?