Regulating tent temperature

That is what you want to see. I have the same set up with my exhaust. I push it though the filter.

2 Likes

using the pre filter sleeve ?

Yes I rolled it and stuffed it inside the filter to keep any particles out of the charcoal. I also used a piece of a used prefilter and placed in on the intake as a filter

So your Pre filter is inside the filter. Makes more sense when pushing air out of the filter. Obviously im thinking properly. Im no dummies, but been trying to absorb too much info at once, being so anxious to get it all proper for new grow. Thanks brother.

I didn’t come up with that. I was watching a video on fans or filters, don’t recall which, and in a set up example of an externally located filter they recommended putting the prefilter inside the carbon filter. Made sense to me. When I replaced my filter and moved it outside the tent, that is what I did. It has been that way for 8 months and has worked well. When I am done with what is in the tent now, I should either wash or replace the filter.

1 Like

My autos should arrive today, so I think im finally gonna start new grow and journal this weekend. Big deal for me as Itll be first time I started off from seed with the proper tools and resources. Pretty excited I am! Sour diesel auto, and mango kush photo. Doing them together which im told is no problem. Of course my journal will document what im doing, and my friends on here will surely keep me “on the road”. :laughing:.

Ive gained a ton of confidence in the past month between the Ilgm info and the progress and condition of my current lady. Going in with new feeling pretty good about it all.

2 Likes

Good idea to do a journal. tag me when got it going. The photo will control the light cycle. If you are going to train / LST the auto start as soon as it is big enough 4 or 5 nodes tall. I have a couple purple kush going at Let's Grow Some Purple Kush
good luck

1 Like

ID like to train both. Training is something I surely need to study up on. You say the auto lst, how about the photo? Im shooting for shorter, bushy kids. Ill start studying the techniques for each plant, and any info you’d like to give up, id be more than happy to listen. Thanks. Love this forum. Security blanket.

Absolutely train the photo too. You can pretty much pick any of my journals and I show a lot of different training I have done. It was learn as you go so the earlier stuff is topping and bending. Learning manifold / mainlining now.

1 Like

@pr
a recent auto grow journal by @Axemanjake23 8 autos, organic fed coco, 2x4 tent
Also @Nicky is a crazy good auto grower - search for any of his stuff

3 Likes

Cool. Thanks. I can’t wait till I can actually guide and help others out on here. That will be pretty rewarding and huge step towards feeling like a seasoned grower! For now, its studying, trial/error, and bothering people like you!

2 Likes

Have you tried to run your light cycle at night instead of the day?

1 Like

Did your tent come with those shelves or did you DIY? I’d love something like that in my tent. This thread has given me some ideas to try out with filtration/light reduction. I have the lower vents ports open now and wondering what to do in flower to avoid any ambient light. The tent is in the basement but home occupants do laundry 24-7. I may go the route of those black charcoal filters to block the light on the ports but still allow air flow. Thank you very much for this discussion. Hoppy trails :rabbit2: Jane

Did myself. Super easy, but im a carpenter so. Yeah its nice to have to set on or clamp to. Bigger tent and it would really make it nice and option filled for whatever. Its 1x4 PVC material. Routed all the edges so not to tear tent etc.

1 Like

@JaneQP. I made that cover on the left with the charcoal material and velcro. Works like a champ.

1 Like

Great skill to have. My daddy had a shop in the garage so I know my way around power tools but just do not have the time. I have marigolds growing in the tent as insect repellants (last grow was full of fungus gnats and spider mites). I may just have to pull out my hippy macramé skills and make a couple of hangers for them. :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Thats a really good idea to control the heat during the day

1 Like

I’m in Hidden Valley. I’m being gifted some Jack Herer seeds. Excited to start growing.

1 Like