Reflective wall covering

How important is reflective wall covering such as mylar? The spare bedroom I’m using I just painted with mold resistance paint then covered that with Matt white but if you notice in my pics I have alot of stuff in the room desk, tables, calenders ect…will that effect my yields?

Probably not that important in your scenario. You have a lot of dead space between your plants and walls, that’s where majority of light will be reflected. The while will also reflect, so it’s not like going to a more reflective surface would be a huge increase.

Thank you, what if I build temporary walls covered with mylar and box in my girls and just pull walls away when LST and feeding or should I just go with what I got :thinking:

3 Likes

You would have higher light density doing that. It’s also usually more difficult to maintain temps and rh that way up. Up to you really.

1 Like

Thanks again @dbrn32 I had enough trouble getting my temps and Rh to level out to where I want them I think I will leave it be

1 Like

Honestly by the time you buy or build something you could have bought a cheap tent for under a hundred.

2 Likes

True but I am a commercial contractor and have a garage full of material so really just the mylar would be out of pocket

1 Like

Mylar backed rigid foam insulation…:+1:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s kinda what I was thinking but if it’s going to mess with my temps and Rh I don’t want to mess with anything, it took me two weeks to get those in check lol

Foam board is expensive but if you have some sitting around. I do construction also.lol

1 Like

Tests indicate that panda poly, the plastic sheet that is black on one side and white on the other, has better reflective qualities than silver mylar. Cheaper too! You can make a curtain or tape it to cardboard super cheap but effective!

1 Like

Where would I find that@Cannabian

That’s why I mentioned it. If it’s sitting around…

Panda film is popular, you can find rolls on amazon.
You could build “walls” with scrap plywood, drywall or just about anything that will take paint. White paint is simple, cheap, and reflective.

I’m planning out a dedicated grow room. At this point it’ll be covered In fire rated drywall with white paint.

1 Like

My walls are Matt white now I was hoping from the research on paint that it would be ok

1 Like

It’s not so much the walls, it’s their proximity to the plants.

Your photons are just bouncing out and away because the room is so big. You’ll want your “walls” as close as possible without cramping the plants or yourself.

Then again, you could just buy more lights and use more power. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Decisions decisions lol thanks @Drinkslinger

1 Like

Panda poly can be had at most grow stores or even better order it online through Amazon. Hope I can use that name here? Sorry if I can’t.

1 Like

Mat white is good for paint, better than gloss.

1 Like