Reduce humidity while curing?

I have the Boveda 62% humidity packs, but I keep seeing high humidity in the jars that I’m curing my stash. One was as high as 79% this morning.

Curing in a closet at 65°F and 60% humidity most of the time.

Any tips on lowering the humidity in the jars? I been burping and leaving the tops off but they still run high. Shouldn’t the Boveda pack be controlling that?

Thanks!

1 Like

You may have Jarred them too soon. May need to remove from jars and finish drying till they get down to 62ish. Then jar.

2 Likes

Take buds out of jars spread out on flat surface for a wile keep an eye on how dry they feel. Back in jars and continue to cure.

2 Likes

Yea, let them dry a little more before mold sets in.

2 Likes

How long did they hang dry. If u have the time and won’t forget play with them and keep it a slower dry. Dump them out and spread them out for an hour or 2 then put them back in and close with a meter check it every couple hours for a couple days til I get rh between 58 and 62% then u can leave in jars and only burp every couple days for a week or 2 then once a week for a while then once a month. Unless u get grove bags they omit the burping part no eda packs might dry out the stuff too fast and leave it with a funky taste and smell. I’d wait for bovedas til they r in the 58 to 62 humidity range

1 Like

You might want to read “Grove Bags” techniques using a moisture meter to judge when to put into jars or bags. It takes all the guesswork out of it. Dozens of members here are using with great results.

2 Likes

I know most people aren’t a fan of this, but I use a food dehydrator after curing to lower the humidity before jarring or bagging. Use low heat though if you try that method.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check the bags out…

I appreciate all the great tips.