Red Horizontal lines on stems

Hello, I have Red Veining in my stems, What nutrient deficiency does it have, If any? System is a DWR using Advanced Nutrients so it is not a PH Issue?
Available lighting total 2100 watts output on 3 LED Lights 2 x Meizhi 600W 1 x Kind K 3-L-450 900W Air conditioned intake air at 23 degrees Celsius, Area is 2.1m2 or 4 foot x 4 foot Was considering putting it 4 x horizontal LED Kind 2 Foot full spectrum light bars for additional lighting to help fill out the plants sides.

A lot of strains are like that, if its growing fine and healthy looking she will be fine. Photo in natural light would help us :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for that I have not had it happen to me once in the 35 years I have been growing that was all in soil though & now I have switched to Hydro its all new now!
It’s growing good nice n stinky & Sticky just a slow grower in Hydro though, It is a W Widow

Yeh mate i grow in a medium Canna Terra Pro i have some WWE going atm and they all have red in them, i have just harvested MOAB Critical and HulkBerry all had red veining some more pronounced than others, in some strains it may be a difficiency but i have had no probs.

What are they like? I am going to SGROG 2 plants next crop God’s Glue @ 28% THC & Jack Herrer @ 32%. they are the two strongest strains available, Jack Herrer also goes by the name Girl Scout Cookies & Gods Glue is has been used in the crossbreeding genetics’ of Nova 4 which has 28-30% THC.

Just curious why it cant be ph related because ur using AN nutes? I use AN and still need to test and adjust ph. The PH perfect that they state just keeps from changimg the PH when added to ur water. U still need to be sure its in the right range before feeding to ur plants. Also what starain r u growing? It could be potassium it needs or just genetics

2 Likes

Plenty of instances with ph perfect nutes not being so perfect, I agree. By dwr system you mean deep water culture or recirculating deep water culture? Some pics would probably help.

2 Likes

DWRS Is what I mean & yes I agree with you regarding the nutrients I have found them to be 4 times stronger than the recommended doses? Therefore I divide the nutrient by 4 to keep within the correct E.C Range of 2.0=2.2 for flowering

1 Like

I spoke with a AN customer support person regarding the issue of the Nutrient strength as I explained to her when using AN Recommended doses my E.C reading was 3.6+ she went nuts & stated why you you even testing the E.C it will work itself out, I thought yeah right so I have been looking at PH Guages as that was going to be my next step to.The strain is White Widow

1 Like

Oh wow, 3.6 for ec reading is pretty high I beleive. My tester is in ppm not ec but 3.5 is too high imo. Def get a ph tester that is #1.

I have never heard of Jack Herer and Girl Scout Cookies being the same, I have been growing GSC for over a year now and never heard that before. :thinking:

That’s not accurate there is a huge difference between all 3 of them types.

1 Like

I agree with ya @Killadruid
GSC is a high THC strain tho, great for pain

1 Like

If your using alkaline water in anyway, whether it is from tap or bottle, ph perfect nutrients doesn’t magically set your pH to perfect.

The nutrients would have to know whether your in soil or hydro then basically move the pH of your water to whatever medium your using…

Always check pH!

3 Likes

Just curious why u quoted my question? I am telling him to check ph for sure.
@TDubWilly

2 Likes

I know you were.

The quote only shows what exactly I was talking about.

There is also talk about strain s above too

2 Likes

Haha I get it now lol. Im new to forum talkin and typing. Thank u

3 Likes

Jack Herer and Girl scout cookies are totally different.

Can you tell me the difference then? As I Have seen quoted from a seed bank I visited ,“Don’t ask which one as I visit several” It quoting that GSC was just the modern name for Jack Herrer ! I do know with god’s glue that Marmacitas Cookies is related being 1/3 rd Gods Glue 1/3 Glue #3 & something else from memory "But don’t quote me to be 100% accurate’.

I’ve seen all 3 and smoked all 3 they are all different buds different smells flavors highs

1 Like