Red bugs white hugs

I cut and hung one of plants today but then found red bugs and white bugs in it. Do I just discard it or is it salvageable? Bugs are approximately 2mm in length. I grow for use in edibles. Thanks for any assistance.

Red is normally spider mites and they come in white but that doesn’t mean that they are. There’s ways to sterilize soil but it kills the good life too. You can use something like dead bug or similar. I think the first thing would be to identify the little bastards. A picture would make that easier, if you post a picture I know a good bug guy I’ll tag him

Sorry I forgot my manners, welcome to the neighborhood :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok I’ll post a pic in the morning. Just started work for the night and didn’t think to take pics. Thanks!

1 Like

Alright the bug guy is @Lacewing now that I tagged him he’ll come by so once you get the pictures up he’ll help you out

1 Like

Please tag me when you upload the pics !!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag!!

1 Like

Thought I’d give you a heads up just in case I’m not around, thanks for all your help

2 Likes

Always and anytime !!

1 Like

Is it too late for a bud wash?
Do some research real quick and see if you can. Had you know right at the cut you definitely could have, but depending on how dry or how long since cut you may not be able to.
I’d offer more advice but this is my first grow!!

Definitely dump the dirt and thoroughly clean you grow space - wipe down EVERY surface with bleach and water or something to kill the little bastards and any eggs there may be around.

The FDA says a little “bug” isn’t bad in our food - yeah… so maybe extra protein for your edibles? :rofl:

Good Luck and welcome to the forum!!

2 Likes

You’ve already chopped a hung., how long ago? You should do a bud wash if the have been very recently chopped

1 Like

So this morning I’m out looking at the cuttings which are hanging on my clothesline and I can’t find a single bug! @Lacewing, going to give them a bud bath as it’s been less than 24hrs since I cut it down. Think I’ll hang them in my shed after and just hope for the best. Thank you to everyone for their suggestions.

1 Like

We’re the bugs on the flowers or in the soil

Glad they are Gone
Maybe add a small amount of H202?to the bud wash
I don’t use personally unless there is mold or rot to deal with
Baking soda and lemon juice is all I use it’s a standard produce wash

They were on the flowers. My daughter in law was trimming it up for me and she told me about them when I got up for work last night. Thank you again for the help.

1 Like