Recommended Ph diffrences for different streins

Do this as soon as possible. I misread your post thinking the pH of 6.1-6.3 was runoff. Id do a slurry test right now to get a glimpse of where your soil’s at.

1 Like

Got to have the right information to be able to help. This is going to go really slowly if we have to pull information out of you.

WHAT media are you using precisely???

2 Likes

It is not named. It comes in a big black back. It is made in bulk by a local grow supply store. Is a soil mix with some vermiculite in there. I’ll see if I can get more info about the contents of that mix off of their website and reply again.

1 Like

I ask because peat-based media (that’s NOT soil) PH’s to the same (mostly) as soil but coco is PH’d to a lower range. This can have an effect on nutrient uptake.

Sorry; it makes things hard sometimes to give good information.

1 Like

Would add nutes every other watering, if your soil is hot go 1/2 recommended dose they always recommend higher doses so you buy more sometimes less is best😉 but keep up the calmag with ro water

I’m doing the slurry test today. Please clarify…What measurment is considered hot soil

6.5 is your sweet spot, some bags of soil already add nutrients and some are time released if you are adding nutes too that could drop you way under 6.5 some also have a buffer to help ph like oyster shells and dolomite lime

Ok so you are referring to PH and not ppm for the soil, I wasn’t certain on what you were referring to so I had to ask…Oh and by the way what number would a low, average, or hot ppms

Depends on growth stages early veg late veg flower harvest there is a reference chart I’ve seen on this forum, some nutes have charts for a guide line of ppms on the bottle

This is a basic guideline. Once your soil ppms get below the stage that your plant is at, you can start feeding.

• Seedlings: 100-250 (nutrients aren’t needed here, hence there’s not a lot of particles needed)

• First Half of Vegging Cycle: 300-400 (this is usually after you transplant, which still doesn’t require many nutrients)

• Second Half of Vegging: 450-700 (you’ll start giving your plants more nutrients at this stage)

• First Half of Flowering: 750-950 (your plants will be eating more as they grow, so they’ll be taking in more nutrients)

• Second Half of Flowering: 1000-1600 (this is when your plant’s eating the most, especially if you give it additives)

• End of Flower, Entering Harvest: As close to 0 as possible (this is when you’ll be flushing your plants, so you don’t want there to be a lot of particles leftover)

Did a slurry test this eve…I tested with distilled water that came out of bottle before testing at 8.63… so quite a bit above neutral at 7.0…after doing the slurry the ph dropped to 8.12…but since the starting water wasn’t neutral at 7.0 not really sure where that leave me on the test.

The distilled water will take on the soil’s p.h.

Looks like your pH is skyrocket high.

Do you have a link or pic of the soil youre using?

Wait… help me understand this.You mist know this better than I and can explain so I get it. I know you just said distilled takes on the ph of the soil… but if the distilled water starts out at 8.63PH before adding the soil. Isnt that already to highalready to start with as a measure? When I added the soil it dropped to 8.12 so I’m not getting how the slurry test is high when its lower than when I started. I found a label on an unused bag.

OMFG…Ok so I was apparently way wrong… I found a label on the soill… yeesh… please advise how to proceed.

Wait… help me understand this.You obviously must know this better than I and can explain so I get it. I know you just said distilled takes on the ph of the soil… but if the distilled water starts out at 8.63PH before adding the soil. Isnt that already too high already to start with as a measure? Im asking because when I added the soil to the distilled water the PH dropped to 8.12 so I’m not getting how the slurry test is high when its lower than when I started… unless it somehow goes down when soild is added then
goes up… is that what happens and why it’s high?

Also see enclosed… I found a label on an unused bag of this solid being used.

Distilled water doesn’t have any solids in it to give a real ph. How long did you give the soil soaking in the water before testing?

20 minutes or so

About 20 mins or so

I’d do a minimum of 30min while stirring frequently. Odd that it would be that alkaline when the bag says they added lime. May require more lime

It may be overkill, but I’ve always let the soil/water sit for 12 hours before I test it for pH or PPM.