Recommended Humidifier?

@Brightwood
If you want a 1 gallon, 5 gallon, 10 gallon, 50 gallon water capacity humidifier that works with the inkbird controller and will be hands off for adding humidity check out the house of hydro web site. I bought 3 humidifiers (more than one area to use them in) before I found this option and spent a total of about $220 and wish I had known about the house of hydro before.
If you haven’t checked out their web site I would if I were you. Scalable and affordable

1 Like

@Skydiver Are you using one of these in a tent? How big of a tent and how many head unit are you using. Being winter with forced hot air heat I’m having a hell of a time with too low humidity. I’m looking at using the three head unit in a big tote with dryer hose into a 4x4 tent. Thanks for any input.

I have the 5 head unit in a 30 gallon tote. Works best when it’s close to full as there is less room for mist and seems to hold better.
It’s used on a 4 1/2 X 8 X 7 tent in basement and winter here too. I wish I had gotten a larger one just fir the dry winters. I had to put a stand alone humidifier in there as well to supplement the build one from house of hydro to keep it where I want it for VPD.

For a 4X4 I would suggest minimum of the 5 head so you have additional capacity when needed…like now.

If I had it to do over again I would have bought a larger head. No problems 8-9 months out of the year but now it struggles to keep VPD so added old stand alone to get there.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! @Skydiver. Growing for less than a year now, in the summer I struggle with temp control and now in the winter it seems to be humidity. Living and learning. Many things you don’t think about when starting to do this.

1 Like

Just FYI I looked over house of hydro models again and looks to me like the 6 disc model is what I will buy and is the one I would recommend. It puts out more than even the 9 disc model.
They say it puts out more per hour than the 9 because of it linear design where the circular design experiences more turbulence that affects the amount of output.
Ill be ordering the 6 disc soon and will swap that with my 5 disc and repurpose it for my other tent, I’ll also have to get another inkbird controller for that build.

1 Like

@Skydiver Are you humidifying just the tent itself or the room the tent is in and letting your fan passively draw the humidity?

It runs directly into the tent via 4” duct through lower 4” port in tent.
The build sits outside the tent.

1 Like

Forgot to mention that by adjusting your inline fan speed up or down along with opening or closing passive intake vents and doors along the airs path in various configurations will change the environment.

It all depends on what the outside is doing as far as temps and RH as that is ultimately where I’m getting my fresh air into the house and basement. I can compensate somewhat by keeping temps in house higher or lower than I normally would depending on time of year etc. but try and accommodate the plants environment as much as I can with these variables adjusted as I go.

Heat increases and RH decreases and vice versus
RH increase lowers temps a bit etc…

Unless you have a sealed system with all the controllers for everything heat cooling humidity dehumidifier etc it’s always a dance maintaining that VPD window. But after awhile it smooths out as to Hmm leave door open or closed…etc etc.

1 Like

Dialing your grow environment is so important, once you get your air moving in variable stages for relative humidity, and temperature ranges in the high and low sweet spot, saves so many headaches.

So true. And sometimes very frustrating getting dialed in.
But, lots of happy days along the way even if a harvest is not what it could have been.

As for a humidifier. You can build your own ultrasonic for less, and it be more dependable PLUS easier to clean I find. Just google ultrasonic humidifier puck or ultrasonic fogger (can find them in Halloween decorations sometimes) Same idea as a home made swamp box or redneck A/C.