Recommended germination lighting

You recommend 60watt CFL tubes for germination. What type of fixture is used for these bulbs? Are they the 2 or 4 pin bulbs? If so,where to get a fixture for them? Are there any regular screw in bulbs that will work?

Welcome to ILGM forum. I don’t use CFL Bulbs. Noticed you seemed to be directing question to someone. If you need to get someone’s attention just type @hbugsyc then their name.

1 Like

I don’t use a light during this process as my bathroom is in total darkness.

Welcome to the community. :+1:

You don’t need any lights for germination, but you need them immediately after the plant sprouts.
Use a 32 watt 6500K CFL bulb. You can put up to 2 plants under it. I like to use a parabolic clamp light as it is easy to mount to pretty much anything, and also easy to reposition. Mount the bulb around 4-6 inches above the plant.

The bulbs won’t have pins. They will have an E26 (Edison Screw) base. Like this, but with a higher wattage:

Additonal tip: don’t forget to put humidity domes over your seedlings…

2 Likes

Thanks for the help,I ordered the bulb and clamp on fixture recommended…I was referring to the germination guide for guaranteed results. I see that it is the next step after seed sprouts…Thanks again…I’ll check back with further questions and progress reports.

2 Likes

Does any body know the PAR measure for when the seeds sprout?