Recommendations on strains?

I have several Barney’s Farm genetics but, none of those. The Strawberry Lemonade, I just grew was petty kick azz. I grew a Peyote strain that was right good as well but, not Barney’s Farm. Wish that I could be of more help :v:t2:

2 Likes

I’ve grown the Gorilla Zkittles from them.
Wicked nice plant. Likes a couple toppings if indoor.
Many many colas. Great smoke too.
Just about to start another one for my next grow.
:v::pray:

2 Likes

Nice haul. I have a barney’s farm GZ going right now. Was a real strong plant from day one. Fast grower. Here’s a picture of the GZ with a different strain planted same day.

3 Likes

Sweet, good to hear, lol

2 Likes

Definitely tag me when you start your journal im getting 4 barney purple punch auto with my seed order, if it comes before harvest time October I’ll pop 1 and do a side by side grow with you

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts just got mine started. How are your new lights treating you? I’m trying something different this grow so far so good. I’m going to explain in my journal tonight.

Journal

4 Likes

Thank you everyone. I’ll be tagging u guys in a couple of days when I start. Stupid question now. I’ve only done one grow of an auto grow and didn’t have to transplant or anything. I used ffof. Now with these photos I’m thinking of using ff light warrior or happy frog In solo cups for seedlings and then transplanting into 5 gallon pots of ocean forest. Question is, should I fill half the pots with light warrior and ocean forest or can I just fill them with ocean forest? @Oldguy @Covertgrower @GreenSnek @dbrn32 @stlleaf @SKORPION @GenghisRon @Not2SureYet

3 Likes

Many mix frog and ocean so it’s not uncommon.

1 Like

Do they actually mix it or put bottom half of ocean forest and top happy frog? Lol

You can do a blend if you like. The ocean forest is a bit hot for seedlings.
A start in the light warrior would prevent any nute burn till they get established.
:v:

4 Likes

Actually I have seen people do both. Some use the frog on top because the ocean can be a little hot for seedlings. But having the ocean at the bottom let’s it get adapted to it before transplanted to full ocean. Looks like @Oldguy covered the benefits for me lol.

2 Likes

1 Like

Thanks guys. My auto seedlings did have slight burns on the tips in ocean forest. I think I’m going to do light warrior on top and ocean forest on the bottom. Another question. With my autos, I didn’t transplant. I planted straight into it’s forever home. Why transplant photos?

I never transplant , I was told not to stress them too much because they grow so fast they don’t have time to recover.

1 Like

With photos you control the veg time so you can take the time to allow for recovery and up potting as the roots expand.
I also transplant my autos as well with no down side.
But only once on my autos. Cup to big pot.
That’s it.
:v:
Edit : What works for some may not work for all. :wink:

5 Likes

I used a mix on these. I started them in happy frog, when I transplanted I filled the bottom 2/3 of the bucket with ocean forest.That was about 2 weeks ago and they seem to be doing fine. I have not used nutrients yet. These are photo’s though, not autos.

4 Likes

Healthy looking group @GenghisRon what strain?

2 Likes

Straight FFOF here.

1 Like

2 grapefruits, 1 green crack, 1 tangie, and 1 caramel.

2 Likes

@CannaNewbie, I’m not sure what you have available for soil where you are, but my preference in soils so far is Coast of Maine. I think the plants in that soil did better than any of the fox farm products I used. Im pretty new to growing, so I can’t say the other factors didn’t effect the growth, but I like their products. I’ve used a combo of their bar harbor potting blend and quoddy blend lobster compost. They also have a Stonington blend specifically for growing cannabis that I have not yet tried, but I will in the near future. I live in the north east so many stores carry it, but I’ve also ordered it on amazon. Just sucks paying to ship it.