Recommendations on fabric grow bags

Ok so I’m trying to decide if I should go with 15 gallon grow bags or a 20 gallon.

First question would be what is the dimension of the bags?

As I have a 4x4x80” grow tent I just want to make sure I have enough space for the fabric bags. I’m going to do a test run with just 1 plant so I need to ensure my tent has the space for the bag and a monster plant. With only 1 plant I need to make sure the harvest is well past the 1 lb mark.

Second question would be to go with what brand. Thanks in advance for input.

4 Likes

Sorry, no recommendation, but wow, you must be planning on growing some monster plants. Please journal it as I’d like to follow along.

1 Like

I’ve used 3, 5, 7 and 30 gal fabric pots.

How big are you planning to grow this beast? Tbh plants in 7 gal cloth pots will outgrow my 78” height tent if I let them. 20 gal is pretty large.

1 Like

@Drinkslinger I want my entire 16 sq feet filled to the breaking point. I don’t care if I have to take the sides off my tent. Use curtains to block out light.

This run will be to grow the biggest plant indoors as possible. I want a Monster plant. Gotta be because I need to get enough stash off of it to last me to the next grow cycle.

1 Like

Hey, @MrPeat I haven’t used 15 or 20. I did use 10 on last grow. They were about 14 inches across when filled with soil. Don’t know if that helps. I use dirt pot by Hydrofarm. They are nice and thick.

1 Like

@Bulldognuts That helps…how tall?

OK, isn’t anyone going to say that bag is overkill? you could fill a tent that size with a 7 gallon. 4 feet is not that big. Just veg your plant longer. Outside use for that large of a pot. JMO

1 Like

On the 10, they are 11 inches.

@Dick I have filled the tent in a 5 gallon bucket filled 1/2 way up with FFOF soil. That isn’t an issue for me as I do grow big plants indoors.

Since this project is going to take longer, I need to ensure the total weight is a min of 1 lb dry. Since this project and the next grow cycle will take between the 2 cycles over 9 months.

So I have to have a monster plant with monster colas. My GSC Beast yielded 8 z’s dry and that plant went from June to Nov.

2 Likes

Four tens would definitely fill up a 4x4.

I got some avg measurements for fabric pots for you: 7gal 13wx12h, 10gal 14.5wx13h. 15gal 15wx16h, 20gal 19wx15h, 25gal 19wx19h, 30gal 21wx19h. Hope this helps :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :v:

1 Like

@repins12 Thanks bro…that is what I was needing.

My GSC Beast with only about 1/4 of all her roots. It did stretch over 8 feet solid roots. So much that I can’t even get the dirt off of them.

Anytime my brother :v:

1 Like

I have every size from 5gal-30gal. I will probably use somewhere between 20-30gal outside in the spring. I’m hoping to do a little better this time, the plant I just harvested was kinda a test run, crappy soil, crappy nutrients and crappy lighting until I finally got my tent set up. I wish that I would have gone straight to LED, my HID set up only got a little over a month use if that by the time I got up and running

@repins12 Understand…I spent $1250 on lights. I wouldn’t have if I would have joined here when I started growing back in May 2018.

I did a lot of research so I was happy with what I had till I joined here and learned about HLG lights. I wish I knew about them back then.

2 Likes

I had bought a few of the internet LED’s myself, was able to get most of my money back, the rest I kept for my fruit tree project. I bought the 1000w MH/HPS air cooled, wasn’t sure that I wanted to drop the cash for the proper LED, and the more the more I read and the more I saw, I had to have them. Now my brand new HID set up will be back up or possibly another tent

My sister would kill me if I turned the one room into an entire grow tent. I may have to get another tent for drying. This grow cycle is gonna have some nice total weight.

1 Like

I can’t wait to watch, be sure to tag me in brother

Will do bro…I’m really looking forward to this between Jan 2020 to Feb 2020. Depending on how fast these 4 plants finish. One is lagging behind but I did do several chomps on her top cola.

1 Like

I just ordered Vivosun 15 gallon grow pots.

1 Like