Recommendation for nutrients

What is the best nutrients to use from start to finish in a grow

I do not know what the Best is. I have used fox farms trio since I started growing 5 yrs ago, I picked this one because they are not terribly expensive and readily available in my area. I am sure there are better nutes, but I am content with what I have been using…

1 Like

There are a huge number of nutrient lines that do a better or worse job, depending. FF does good stuff but is pricey, General Hydroponics is good (flew into space!) but can be a bit complicated. A large number of us are currently using the J R Peters “Jack’s” in the 3-2-1 formula: this is the most economical and easy to use nutrient line I’ve used. You can run that start to finish although I amend during early flower with a jolt of MKP (Monopotassium Phosphate) which changes the ratio to 2-2-2-1.2 (2 grams Part A, 2 of Part B, 2 of Epsom Salts and 1.2 grams of MKP).

You don’t have to run cal mag, the only thing I add is silica.

3 Likes

I second the Jack’s - I started with the Fox Farms nutrient trio and abandoned ship about 1/3 into my grow because it seemed… too much. Too speculative, the ratios suggested didn’t align with the ppm recommendations so I couldn’t be sure I was feeding my plants enough of the right amount of NPK. Had to supplement with CalMag. Moved to Jack’s (I have 25# bags of Part A and B) and have used approximately half a pound for 6 plants (so far) and freebie nute concentrate to friends.

As stated, I’ve only supplemented with silica (hydro) and MKP for flowering.

3 Likes

My favourite is Mantis Buffered Nutrients. Its a one part nutrient same ratio feed seed to harvest and its PH buffered so never have to adjust the PH as it keeps it in the optimal range at all times.

1 Like