Recommend a place to order grow medium?

I don’t think we have a place to order specialized grow medium around here. Recommend a good mail order place ??

2 Likes

Amazon. You can find soil and coco do it there. I use foxfarm ocean forest and or happy frog. Just my preference though

5 Likes

I wanted coco What I’m not sure on is how to know how much nutrition to add knowing the medium has quite a bit

What do you add to the fox farm

I was using fox farm bottle nutrients (Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom) but I’m switching nutes. Fox farm liquid nutrients are notorious for building up salt in your grow medium (soil/coco) which requires a flush to correct. Ive ordered gaia green dry nutrients now. All purpose for veg and power bloom for flower. Oh and worm castings… Thats just me. Lots of people on here use jacks I believe

2 Likes

I didnt mean to say “do it there” lol that was a typo. If you can get soil locally, do that :smile:

1 Like

Google closest place to carry product that you’re looking for such as Fox farm might be Available closer than you think. Shipping can get quite expensive. :v:

3 Likes

I’m sure that is not what you intended to say. Coco has no nutrients in it. You must add everything that the plant needs. Coco bricks is the best value. I like Canna Coco and GrowIt brand bricks.

4 Likes

I found that buying local I save a bunch of money because shipping is crazy expensive on soil because of the weight. I get fox farm soil here for $16 it’s like 30 on Amazon

2 Likes

I buy coco coir bricks on Amazon. I buy composted manure locally (I use Black Kow). Cost me about $1 per gallon total after I mix them up.

I use Happy Frog dry amendments at half strength.

1 Like

Holy moly I pay $30+ for a bag of foxfarm right at my local garden store…

1 Like

My local hardware store sells it and they’ll put it on sale sometimes for 14 bucks, and that’s the big bag I’ve never checked the price but they have ocean forest and the dry amendments liquid nutes everything fox farm

1 Like