Recipes & how to make ( vape - oils - edibles - wax - shatter-RSO ) lets all share are ways and recipes

I will be honeset @Willd I am a fast learner but I know nothing much about chemistry but the bare basics which was 25 years ago in school. If your willing to help me pick up the right process and equipment to vape this cbd plus all the thc possible, I would sure get it and maybe if your not to busy in a few months when I get it all gathered up, I will have a good G.G. # 4 done and put up for use but prob got all I need to do whatever i need to with. I do have a dumb question I am gonna try the de-carb and 000 caps. I have heard a hundred different ways and temps to decarb what is your temp and time to properly decarb bud.

1 Like

Oh and I am just like you on that @Willd cheap med syringes great even use them to dose nute so cheap. Also (What piece of equipment first to buy to do your vape cart method the stirrer and hot plate or beakers and other things budget will be about 75 dollars a month.) thanks a ton you been a lot of help.

1 Like

Some folks break up the bud first. Since itā€™s going to be ground up in the end anyway whether by the Magic Butter Machine making oil or my food processor for filling capsules I never do more than just remove the bigger stems.
Not sure where I got my method but it goes like this;

1. Pre-heat oven to 225Ā°F
  2. Place buds in tightly covered pan(s) in a single layer on center rack
  3. Bake for 20 min
  4. Remove from oven to counter leaving tightly covered
  5. Increase the oven temp to 240Ā° F
  6. Let the pan(s) cool to room temp while the oven heats to 240Ā°F (should take about the same time)
  7. Place back in 240Ā° F oven
  8. Bake for another 30-45+ minutes
  9. Turn off the oven (canā€™t say how many times Iā€™ve forgotten)
  10. Remove from oven keeping tightly covered until completely cooled

Thatā€™s how I do it.

Ask 10 chefs and youā€™re bound to receive 10 different answers!

6 Likes

The most expensive piece of equipment is going to be a hot plate/stirrer.
I would plan on spending at least $50 for a solid used one on eBay or Craigslist. Universities & schools upgrade & sell this stuff for pennies on the dollar.
A set of 5 low form beakers ranging in size from 5mL-100mL is <$10.00
Bar magnets the same.
Canā€™t post links to eBay or cL here but I can give you key words to search for.
Like ā€œCorning hotplate stirrerā€ or ā€œThermolyne Sybron Type 1000 Stir Plateā€

3 Likes

You rosin pressers:

Do you save your pucks to process again? Maybe use them in a QWET or something? Just read that thatā€™s a thing and I am now wanting a rosin press, more than ever.

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty I actually use my pucks to make my butters oils and tincture itā€™s nice because you donā€™t have to decarb because when you press you are pressing at 220-250 range so yeah I use my pucks for that itā€™s great

2 Likes

I have this press and have been really happy with it itā€™s like $369.00

3 Likes

I guess I know what my next big weed related purchase will be. Thanks!

2 Likes

You can press it, but with any heat method (regardless of pressing) also goes finer turpins and other chemical changes. I like and prefer BHO supercrital extraction (-180 f.) it leaves the heavy waxes behind and does a great job of extracting the essentials. Be regimented in safety with a checklist for the entire procedure. CO2 is another method safer but the equipment runs in the tens of thousands of dollars. I was able to set up for under 2,500 soup to nuts but this includes a bargain on a used vacuum oven.

Everything else (scraps) are cold processed bubblehash and pressed in my homemade 10 ton puck press.

My latest experiment involves ground to dust bubble hash added to the material set aside for BHO extraction, Iā€™m hoping to extract the essentials from the hash, it all goes through a coffee filter I custom made to fit the extractor column, Iā€™m hoping it doesnā€™t clog and works the way I desire it to.

One other thing, no two strains extract alike, some are more oily and soft, some are more waxy, while others are more crystal (desirable) and make perfect golden honey brittle shatter.
I stopped making vapes from laziness and wonā€™t be making anymore until they get to the bottom of the death related vape use.

Thatā€™s why I normally press kief and I do that at 170-180 and get a 90% return and the terps are amazing and have the different flavors of the different planets and there are 0 Chemicals

@Hogmaster

Been scrolling through hereā€¦ have you ever done dry ice hash? If so what do you do.with it when your done. I would love to make dabs out of it. Any advice is appreciated

Only time I use dry ice is to extract Keif If I make bubble hash I use ice cubes and water havenā€™t done it with dry ice yet

Iā€™ve made dry ice hash several
Times. Scroll up to 2018s I posted on it lol.
I use a bubble bag(micron choice is yours) smaller is going to be better. You can make full melt completely dabbable dry ice hash.
Put your prosuct(leaves, shake, broken up flower) in the bag with dry ice(break the ice up also-use a hammer do not touch it it will burn you fast a real bad. Blisters guaranteed) after 10minutes shake it over a mirror and scoop up the powder. I scoop to separate piles. Eventually it will turn from whitish to yellow
To
Yellowgreen. Yellow green is not dabable, I mix it with bud when I smoke joint. Good luck. I have a friends that swears frozen quarters would do the same thing. For me dry ice is $5. And itā€™s way colder than quarters.

I was in Canada a while back on got 40ml of 30mg/ml of THC oil, I was wondering if there is an easy and safe way to turn it into vape juice?
Thanks

How do get the kief dabbable. @Newgrwr2018

Use the smallest micron bag

1 Like

How do we send messages to each other on here?

No PM on the free side

Would you mind doing a step by step? Iā€™m new to this and very curious as to your process.

The one listed on ILGM website seems somewhat contradictory to other things Iā€™ve read. I figured since youā€™ve got (seemingly ;)) extensive experience, you could help me out. Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

If anyone is interested in a step by step for making gummies or tincture with a Magical Butter Machine, Iā€™ve got them both pretty dialed in. If you have any MB recipes youā€™ve perfected, Iā€™d be interested in knowledge transfer :slight_smile:

2 Likes