Recipes & how to make ( vape - oils - edibles - wax - shatter-RSO ) lets all share are ways and recipes

Oh yeah, so yours was ready to go, the sk comes from : harmony eliquids ,omg I am getting a right earful right now telling me that I’m not allowed to get the flavour ones cos they give you popcorn lung, is that right? That can’t be right surely? I’m being told I’m allowed to buy a cbd vape oil and that’s it, this is real time earbashing people lol how about @AnneBonny ,you use a lot of flavoured vape oil through your 510, is there a chemical taste and do you risk getting popcorn lung from using flavoured oils

that is a 80/20 PG/VG based CBD terpene oil. The PG propylene glycol makes it taste a little different and since it is a hemp derivative it will be a little ropey tasting.

Do you have any form of concentrated MJ you can add to that?

How is the flavor on it? If you want better flavor you can add flavoring to it too.

1 Like

@daz49 I don’t know what popcorn lung is, but I wouldn’t recommend using flavored oils. I’m not quite sure where that company gets there terpenes from for flavoring but terpenes are what gives the MJ we use the different smells and tastes

I am getting away from PG and PEG400 oils as I am reading more and more bad things about them and their long term affects. I am going with MCT and VG as much as possible. (I will still use PG and PEG400 until what I have is gone…)

Their are a line of all natural flavorings on Amazon called LorAnn’s they are food grade flavorings and also work well in vape juice. That is what myself and @AnneBonny where just discussing the other day on here.

1 Like

I don’t have any concentrate mj just my bud drying (almost dried ) and no flavours either as the 510, the sky and the 2 fillers buddy

go to amazon and search for LorAnns

The top return I get is a sponsored link for the 5 top flavor pack. Take a look at that one. they are small bottles just so you can try a little and see what you like and don’t like. The flavors are very concentrated so a little goes a long way. @daz49

2 Likes

I’m waiting for some of her flavors now @bob31 and I’m going to try with just VG
PG is no good for you andis petroleum base to my knowledge bob

I’m going to post an article i read about PG and PEG400 (Farm to vape) and what the article said is very concerning.

Here is the info on LorAnn’s flavorings

It is 100% FDA Approved (meaning the ingredients that cause popcorn lung, similar to COPD are not used)

@Countryboyjvd1971 @daz49 @AnneBonny

2 Likes

The trouble with straight VG is that it is very thick. I’m not sure what the answer is either… @Countryboyjvd1971 I have a bottle of MCT. very expensive, but i’m gonna give it a try too.

1 Like

Ok I’m not really getting all of the pg’s and all the letters and stuff so what should I go for bro

I’ve heard you can thin it out with a little water but I’m not sure If it will work or not @bob31 but I’m going to try
@SilentHippie had some info on this subject as well I believe
I can’t use the pg it makes me choke @bob31

There are basically 4 types of base oils for vaping

PG propylene glycol
PEG400 low-molecular-weight grade of polyethylene glycol
VG- Vegetable Glycerin
MCT (derived of coconut oil) Medium Chain Triglycerides

You need a science / chemistry degree to figure all of this out…

2 Likes

If I hit it too hard it makes me choke too. I only have a little bit left of it.

1 Like

I’m not sure what I’ll do if I can’t thin it out enough tho buddy

@daz49 @bob31
The popcorn lung scare came from early e-liquids that contained diacetyl. Diacetyl was used to make the butter flavored powder used in microwave popcorn. Employees that were inhaling LARGE amounts of the powder during manufacture developed the condition similar to COPD only the symptoms appeared suddenly. Any reputable flavor manufacturer has stopped using diacetyl in their flavorings. The creamy, buttery flavors were the culprit and most are diacetyl free now. There was a scare a few years ago about it but by no means was it an epidemic. You should be fine. I’ve vaped hundreds of flavors over the last few years and have never had a single problem. If you’re still concerned, contact the manufacturer and ask them.

3 Likes

Here is an article I just read a few days ago. @SilentHippie I’d like to hear your input and also what are your thoughts about what to use to thin VG that @Countryboyjvd1971 was just saying?

You May Want to Avoid These Ingredients in Cannabis Oil Vape Cartridges
JACQUELINE HAVELKA

(Julia Sumpter/Leafly)

By now, you’ve probably seen or tried firsthand a vaporizer with an oil cartridge. These portable vaporizers are becoming increasingly popular as they’re easy to dose and operate. Visiting a dispensary, you’ll notice different brands made with different strains, solvents, and additives. Which ingredients are safe, and which ones should be avoided?

Burning cannabis oils can produce some of the same free radicals that are formed when you burn cannabis or tobacco, which is why people have turned to vaporizing (vaping). Vaporizing means that cannabis is heated without combustion. Active ingredients are released by the heat into a fine-mist vapor. Since combustion does not occur, smoke is not created.

People who vape cannabis perceive vaping to be safer and less harmful to their health than smoking. Cannabis vaporizers are specifically designed for inhalation without harmful smoke toxins, but how safe are materials being inhaled?

Harmful Agents to Avoid in Cannabis Oil
When vaporized, cannabis oils are frequently mixed with thinning agents for better performance in a vaporizing device. However, when some thinning agents are heated, potentially harmful carbonyl compounds can be produced.

Research in this area first began with e-cigarettes. Cannabis and e-cigarettes use different thinning agents and are heated and vaporized at different temperatures, but there are parallels that have now led researchers to begin similar research on cannabis thinning agents.

In a 2017 study conducted at the Medical Marijuana Research Institute in Arizona, researchers looked at the byproducts produced when vaporizing cannabis oil. These popular cannabis thinning agents were studied:

Propylene glycol (PG or PPG)
Vegetable glycerin
Polyethylene glycol (PEG) 400
Medium chain triglycerides

These thinning agents were heated to 230°C (450°F), and scientists tested the resulting vapors to detect the presence of harmful compounds like formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, and acrolein.

The results showed that polyethylene glycol 400 produced much higher acetaldehyde and formaldehyde byproducts than the other three agents. Heating of the thinning agent propylene glycol also produced significantly greater formaldehyde byproduct. Researchers concluded that individuals who vaporize cannabis oil utilizing these thinning agents may risk harmful exposures to the byproducts.

Thinning Agent Alternatives in Vaporizer Cartridges

Producers of vaporizer cartridges are making a mass exodus away from these thinning agents due to their health risks and the unpleasant taste they tend to carry. Instead, many are turning to terpenes as they help thin the oil while improving flavor. Others are using different extraction methods such as distillation to achieve an oil thin enough to be consumed in a cartridge without the need for additive thinners.

As vaporizing oil cartridges becomes more popular, products specifically designed for this purpose are emerging in the marketplace. When purchasing oil cartridges for your portable vaporizer, check the ingredients to see if propylene glycol and/or polyethylene glycol 400 are listed. If so, you may want to avoid them and reach for an alternative product that utilizes terpenes or more health-conscious thinning agents.

5 Likes

@SilentHippie @daz49 Tell us about your lungs condition again? Please?

1 Like

Thanks for posting that my friend good info @bob31

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31

I’ve seen posts on vaping forums that a lot of people experience the unpleasant throat hit from PG. Your flavorings are most likely suspended in PG to begin with. I can’t vape high VG juice myself. I’ve read you can thin your juice with distilled water. I’ve never tried it though. I’ve read using the same % water to flavoring works, all the way up to 20% water but this is only what I’ve read. I use equipment that can handle the thicker juices because like most vapors, I love looking like a douche…I…I mean chucking big clouds!. lol

lol I have a decent mod @SilentHippie I’ll play around with the recipe and see if I can come up with something I’m just trying this for the first time so there’s going to be a learning curve I’m sure hahahha

2 Likes

Well I already have emphysema and it’s pretty Thick in both lungs ,as after having a collapsed lung at work it went undetected for 9 to 10 year’s ,so obviously I smoke cannabis and have done for 30 years, I want to go down the non smoking route as much as possible but it takes a lot more of my bud to produce the edibles and I enjoy a joint and a bong, but for when I run out or just want to smoke something else I want something safe to smoke

1 Like